Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: let us share a moment
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:20 pm 

i think it would be worthwhile to hold a two minute silence on Thursday 18th September at 2.30pm for those of us who won't or can't attend Jason's funeral in honor of him and his musical talent that he brought to Hawkwind and us the fans (extended family) where after we should raise a glass in his memory.

Jason if your out there flying high
give them a great gig in the sky
as you did for us down here on earth
until the next phase re-birth
why did you have to go so young
your time with us had just begun,
now its our time to say goodbye
your spirit lives on so free you fly

Peace Bev x

http://www.myspace.com/festichick

Post subject: Re: let us share a moment
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:35 pm 

Festichick wrote:i think it would be worthwhile to hold a two minute silence on Thursday 18th September at 2.30pm for those of us who won't or can't attend Jason's funeral in honor of him and his musical talent that he brought to Hawkwind and us the fans (extended family) where after we should raise a glass in his memory.

That is a really great idea. I'll be doing that.

fK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:58 pm 

great idea Bev. We"ll be with you next Thursday. A smashing guy and a great musician. We"ll all miss you Jason. Steve & Nina. :( :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:09 pm 

yes i will raise a glass for this good man,and think of the music!!! onward fiy the hawk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:58 pm 
sweet words Bev ,with you all the way chick .love and peace.

Post subject: let us share a moment
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:17 pm 

i will be with you too in spirit too.keep the bird flyin.love and peace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:25 pm 

well put bev, the more i think bout it , the more it kinda hurts. it puts so many things into perspective dont it !. this is gonna be hard for the band. but we must stick with them as we have always done. love Rick.

Post subject: Re: let us share a moment
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:00 pm 

Festichick wrote:i think it would be worthwhile to hold a two minute silence on Thursday 18th September at 2.30pm...

Excellent idea

If I can't make it to Honiton then I'll certainly join in that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:53 pm 

I'm in.

Funny thing is that I'm still in a bit of a state of shock over this. Even though I never really "knew" him, he was still part of my rediscovery of Hawkwind and it just seems all "wrong". Part of it, maybe, was that he was slightly younger than me and up till now, maybe, I felt that I am invincible. I have never had anything like this happen to anyone I know so, I haven't quite got to grips with it. I'm not explaining this very well but hopefully some of you may understand. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:02 am 

I understand fully Isleofwight, I think shock is what most of us feel at the moment, even after nearly a week!

regards

dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:21 am 

What a nice thought, Bev.

My thoughts will turn to Jason at that time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:49 pm 

I'll be partaking too. The energy we'll create will,i'm sure,be very cosmic. It's just sinking in for me. Haven't been thinking about much else today. The unassuming guy at the adge of the stage,adding a very unique slant to Hawkwind had just arrived in the big scheme of the band and now....just like that...taken away. R.I.P. Jason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:48 am 

Just saw "infinity" on the "Space Melt" dvd and reckon that song will always make me think of Jason now. Seemed very fitting. Strange life innit. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:48 pm 

Will be thinking of Jason tomorrow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:25 pm 

Me too.
I'll be at work but 2 minutes silence will be honoured at 14:30.
It still hasn't quite sunk in that we will not see him again.
A big thank you to Hawkwind... I think it's wonderful that you are holding a reception and inviting fans that can attend. Sadly, I can't, but I will be there in spirit.
I have a home brew on the go now ready for barelling. I will call it The Hooded Fish.
Best always,
Steve.

Board index » Test category 1 » Jason Stuart