Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Into The Wood Tour....
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:07 am 

Brown Dawn wrote:made it! - killer of a hangover but all is good! - looking forward to the day and the mighty hawks!

Roundhouse opening doors 18.30 to allow for extra security checks.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:49 am 

Mpc wrote:There is some discussion on HW FB page of a Hawkwind tribute act doing a pre Hawkwind blat around 5pm about 10 mins from venue. will try find out more.

Any news on this Mpc? We are going to be in the area earlyish so be good to catch the tribute band too.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:18 am 

Dr Strangelove wrote:
Mpc wrote:There is some discussion on HW FB page of a Hawkwind tribute act doing a pre Hawkwind blat around 5pm about 10 mins from venue. will try find out more.

Any news on this Mpc? We are going to be in the area earlyish so be good to catch the tribute band too.

Its at the " MAP STUDIO CAFE " 46 Grafton road NW5 3DU

Apparently quite a small place ?? about 10 mins walk from Roundhouse. I think theres going to be a lot of Hawk peeps out and about in various bars from Camden to Chalk farm from afternoon on. should be fun and the suns out.

Attachments:
soa.jpg
soa.jpg [ 177.95 KiB | Viewed 742 times ]

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:21 am 

??

Attachments:
ghghgh.jpg
ghghgh.jpg [ 183.73 KiB | Viewed 741 times ]

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:12 am 

thank's for that Mpc! - i got lost last night trying to make the hotel! - licking me wounds but will head out shortly - i'm a 5 minute walk from kentish town tube station so gonna walk and take in the sun - crikey this is a big city!

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:46 pm 

Hoping to be there for 7.30 now. I've just been checking out my travel options - nice easy journey up via the Overground so I don't have to go via the tube/central London ... at least on the way there.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:47 pm 

quick word - i'm just in the cafe that Spirit Of The Age are playing - i didn't know i'm staying on the same road - quite intimate - nice! - gonna try and hit the roundhouse vicinity first and get back here!

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 11:28 am 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CudkhK-0z6A

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 1:44 pm 

Apologies for not getting to meet everybody. I blame it on the psychedelics !!! What a great day.

Attachments:
IMG_1554.jpg
IMG_1554.jpg [ 268.84 KiB | Viewed 520 times ]

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 2:32 pm 

fantastic day! - i didn't make it back to the cafe once i got to the roundhouse vicinity - the gig exceeded my expectations! - i'm on data roam so it's expensive - i'll expand on my thoughts when i get back to dublin! - couple of easy pints of guinness in the camden market and an early night required! - many thanks to Mpc and Steam for your navigational guidance - it saved me a lot of hassle! - what a brilliant gig!

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:50 pm 

Exceptional evening at the Roundhouse. Was a little worried about size of the queue and security check but actually moved quite quickly. Phil Walker & His Bastard Sons were fun and v much in the spirit of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal from late 70s/early 80s. They did deliver a terrific triumvirate of fine Motorhead songs including We Are The Roadcrew! The Hawks themselves gave us a truncated acoustic set of three numbers including The Watcher then it went stratospheric with highlights for me including Magnu and Into The Woods - and the encores were something special with Phil back on stage with the band for Brainbox Pollution and a turbo-charged Silver Machine. Mates I went with who are not as regular Hawks gig-goers as me said it was awesome and my bass player mate said Haz was just incredible. Maybe it was because I was standing Brock-side of stage but I felt the guitars were much higher in the mix than the synths - no problem with that btw. And was that Mick Slattery I saw wandering around beforehand? Anyway, a live album is now long overdue...

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 11:34 pm 

Fantastic gig at the Roundhouse. I swear over the last few years Hawkwind are getting better every time I see them and they are certainly as good live now as I've ever see them in over 30 years of going to see them. Since Haz has joined the whole thing has gone to a totally new level. He is a total bass monster driving everything along and him and Dave jamming is phenomenal!

I got a seat with a railing so balanced the camera on it to take half a dozen vids which I've just put on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6X-aYpHM4g_CCKgHnOQ4XA

I can't express how good this performance was. The highlights for me were Into the Woods which was amazing live, and the jamming in Synchronised Blue and The Machine (unfortunately none of which I caught on video as the battery was already nearly flat).

IF YOU ARE READING THIS WE NEED A LIVE ALBUM DAVE :D

Roll on Windsor.........

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 11:58 pm 

Looks like it was just me who didn't enjoy it then.

And what was the point of the magic tricks halfway through?

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:49 am 

Pedal Bin wrote: ...
And what was the point of the magic tricks halfway through?

...eQ...

maybe it was a warm-up to Hawkwind magically materialising in Ontario :-|

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 2:57 am 

Sounds like someone's been having those magic scenes in their head again.

Pedal Bin honesty admirable

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Test category 1 » Tours Past & Present