Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Into The Wood Tour....
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:29 pm 

Onwards to the Roundhouse, be there or be square, or triangle ?

https://youtu.be/7QiVTxl-QJA

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:33 am 

Mpc wrote:Got Dorked

https://youtu.be/QtJ6KGNlONY

Oops just remembered-
I was watching this early this AM when I simply could not animate my flesh any longer no matter the coffee and nicotine and due to the length did not catch it right away and it woke me back up with it's magic

CHEERS for THAT!!

(but I still could not fight the black hole of sleep and must REBOOT)

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:29 pm 

great to hear all of the stellar reviews of HW's current stage shows !
insane jealousy keeps me hoping for a DVD, but will settle for a triple or quadruple CD live set !

" I *do* believe in Hawkwind - . I do, I do, I do, I *do* believe in Hawkwind !"

hqdefault-1.jpg
hqdefault-1.jpg [ 78.42 KiB | Viewed 858 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:44 pm 

OMG, just back from Ipswich - sheer class, band the best I've seen them play allost ever, Has is brilliant but so were all the band, just gelled so well ! My birthday too - thanks for the present of this gig, thanks for the greatat chat too DaveMod, great man.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:13 am 

I agree, impressive stuff, though I guess for me without the surprise at how good they've become that I experienced on last year's tour, if that makes sense. I had a much higher level of expectation this time around which was met. They really need to put out a recording of this or the last tour, even better a DVD/Bluray or whatever, if only to keep our American friends happy.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:49 pm 

now that the roundhouse is on the horizon and i think me itinerary is sorted except for one detail - and i might have asked this before - i have to be in gatwick by 7.30 on the sunday morning (from camden town) - any tip's would be welcome as regards the optimal route!

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:35 pm 

camden tube to Euston to Victoria......train or save a few quid coach to Gatwick....train more efficient. Coach station right outside victoria station

Attachments:
train.jpg
train.jpg [ 152.03 KiB | Viewed 668 times ]
national express.jpg
national express.jpg [ 268.25 KiB | Viewed 668 times ]
camden to victoria.jpg
camden to victoria.jpg [ 69.71 KiB | Viewed 668 times ]

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:51 pm 

Id get the o5.43 yube to victoria from camden...getting to Victoria at 06.03...gives time to get 06.30 ( or 06.32 save £4.20..gets in bit later to gatwick) train to Gatwick arriving at 07.08......South bound trains at Victoria tend to be furthest stations to the right as you face the departure/arrival board.

Attachments:
05.43.jpg
05.43.jpg [ 174.22 KiB | Viewed 665 times ]

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:57 pm 

that's brilliant Mpc! - much appreciated! - big time - a huge help! - if anyone is around for a pre-gig pint and a chat i'll be in vicinity! - let's hope it's a blast!

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:15 pm 

There is some discussion on HW FB page of a Hawkwind tribute act doing a pre Hawkwind blat around 5pm about 10 mins from venue. will try find out more.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:06 pm 

cool! - sound's interesting! - well i'll be pretty much a free agent from around noon onwards - hope to get some street food and float around camden a bit to see what's going on - gonna stick close to the roundhouse though!

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:59 am 

Location: Kent, UK, in an unfashionable spiral arm of the galaxy
Kris has also posted online that in light of the horrific events of the other night they're going to try and get the doors opened a little earlier. The last time there was a gig and a security alert there were queues down the road to get into the Coronet and metal detectors. (Note for anyone who likes a little, ahem, expensive tobacco - someone mentioned there's a pub over the road from the venue that's used by the local bobbies. You have been warned)

On a positive note, Mike Hart (aka Molten Mick of Liquid Len and the Lensmen fame) has promised to come along. He'll be wearing his HW baseball cap and will probably be at the World's End in Camden before going to the Roundhouse (there's a few meeting points being mooted by fans). If you see him say hello - he's a nice chap and a gent......

mike hart.jpg
mike hart.jpg [ 61.2 KiB | Viewed 495 times ]

I must be normal........

I must be normal........

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:41 pm 

thanks for that Jimsk - sound's good! - my flight is two hours earlier than i thought (the difference between 17.45 and 19.45 - doh!) - so it will be a bit of a rush tomorrow (taxi now) to the airport here but will be better once i get to london! - think all is now done!

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:26 am 

made it! - killer of a hangover but all is good! - looking forward to the day and the mighty hawks!

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:41 am 

Brown Dawn wrote:made it! - killer of a hangover but all is good! - looking forward to the day and the mighty hawks!

That's super bd...

excited FOR YOU

I always took 2 Tylenol before bed

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Test category 1 » Tours Past & Present