Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Interview with Dave Brock Radio 6
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:19 pm 

An interview with Dave Brock on Radcliffe and Maconie today.

The interview was mainly to talk about Hawkwind returning to the Roundhouse in 2017 on the 26th May, 45 years since the legendary “Greasy Truckers Party”.

They also get Dave to reminisce about the gig back in 1972 and some detail surrounding the Greasy Truckers organisation.

Mark Radcliffe has always had great admiration for Hawkwind in general and Dave in particular.

Listen here from 37:00

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08739kd#play

Pip

Post subject: Re: Interview with Dave Brock Radio 6
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:23 pm 

Cheers for the heads up.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:51 pm 

Saw it on Twitter. First thought was buy tickets but then thought best check date doesn't clash with anything we are already planning. Sods law - already have tickets for one off John Cale gig in Liverpool - 50th anniversary of the banana album. London and Liverpool in same evening not going to work...
What are the chances?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:58 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:22 pm 

Listening now... Into the Woods should be interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:19 pm 

par excellence!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:58 pm 

anyone know any half decent hotels around there and the best airport to arrive in - gatwick?! - Graham where art thou?! - this gig is a serious contender for me!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:14 pm 

BD, according to the tfl website you can get from London City Airport to Chalk Farm tube (150m from venue) via DLR/Tube in about three quarters of an hour. Can you get a flight in to City Airport?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:10 pm 

thank's a lot Steam - me daughter is checkng out prices - seem's city airport is in or around 200 quid - gatwick 50 - so trains would also be involved price- wise - thanks! - i'm real interested in this!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:41 pm 

Bear in mind Gatwick train station is Southern Railways - they're utterly **** at the moment, even when the staff aren't on strike Southern don't actually employ enough of them to keep a consistent timetable running. If there's a Heathrow + tube option it might be more reliable (but a long trek across the tube network - at least they run consistently, though).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:15 am 

Gatwick express and southern are a nightmare. Heathrow express is much better than the tube and in 18 mins you are in Paddington. Tube to st Pancras, change to northern line and 3 stops later you are there :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:13 am 

many thanks folks for that! - a good help - i wonder is stanstead an option? - i fly terribly (panic attacks) but a couple of pints usually get's me through - so frustrating - but i really wanna make this one - me daughters on the case as regards hotels too so fingers crossed! - it's a good time of year for me too as opposed to the Leeds gig - i'll keep at it!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:39 am 

Brown Dawn wrote:anyone know any half decent hotels around there and the best airport to arrive in - gatwick?! - Graham where art thou?! - this gig is a serious contender for me!

have been looking at flights down from Scotland myself but quite expensive. May look at the train.

As for hotels nearby - google hotels near London Roundhouse - and you will get:

1. Camden lock Hotel 2*
2. Holiday inn London Camden lock 4*
3. Britannia Hampstead Hotel 3*

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:17 pm 

If the flight price is the decider, which for me it normally is, I wouldnt avoid Gatwick, normally the train service is quick and frequent, even if the concert occurs on a day when there is train hassle, there are frequent coach services into London from the airport, once your in London the tube makes everywhere easy to get too. I'd personally go for Gatwick or Heathrow,,which ever the cheaper. There wont be a huge difference in post arrival travel time / hassle.
I wouldnt really consider Stanstead...Bit North.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:38 pm 

Gatwick to london train single about a tenner. I wouldnt buy in advance, just in case of this ongoing industrial action, keep options open. If it transpires to be an announced strike day I might look into booking an advance coach ticket, otherwise Id just grab the next one leaving. Just avoid the train or coach at rush hour, better to grab a coffee or beer untill after 9am (cheaper not so mad busy) because its only really the Brighton line to London commuters that are really hit hard by the train ****, if you allow enough time theres other work arounds. No worries.

Board index » Test category 1 » Hawkwind Chat