Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Huw's funeral details
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:03 pm 

Huw's funeral will take place at 12 noon on Thursday 20th December at St Mary's Church, Church Hill, Stalbridge, Sturminster Newton, DT10 2LR

All are welcome, however if you intend to be there, please email us at Huw@hawkwind.com as soon as possible so that we have an idea of the numbers and can arrange a suitable venue for the reception.

regards

Dave

Post subject: Re: Huw's funeral details
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:10 pm 

Thanks for the update - must check where the funeral is as i have no idea as regards to which part of the country it is in and will then check out the nearest aiporte nearest airport - i hope to make it - best wishes

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:40 am 

make it an international news affair.
maybe the family can have another private service if that is not already the plan.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:18 pm 

Hawkwind fans in Greece send their condolences to Huw's family and friends.
http://www.wildthing.gr/newspage.php?AID=1309

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:40 am 

I imagine we'll be told about arrangements in the days to come...

In the meantime, it looks like the spot is halfway between Yeovil and Shaftesbury - or, on a wider scale, halfway between Bristol and Bournemouth.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:54 am 

Thanks graham - just noticed my passport expires on the 19th - darn - would dearly love to make it

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:53 am 

ive tried to use the mail thing but im havin problems but i intend on being there,hope this helps

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:52 pm 

Further update

First of all on behalf of Huw's wife Marion, daughter Kirsty and the rest of the Hawkwind family, we'd like to send out a heartfelt thanks to all of you who have sent tributes and kind words of support at this sad time, via the forum, facebook and e-mail.

Due to an overwhelming response and restrictions on space we need everyone who would like to come and pay their respects to Huw on the 20th December, and who has not already confirmed, to contact us at Huw@hawkwind.com as soon as possible and at the latest by Monday 17th December. We will then collate a list of names which will be checked on the day. Unfortunately if you are not listed, we will not be able to guarantee entry for the reasons mentioned.

Thanks for reading and we look forward to hearing your confirmations over the next few days.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:48 pm 

Thanks for the update - unfortunately mightn't make it mainly due to finances but there is still a possibility - if i can't make it he will get a good send off over here - love and best wishes to all

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:25 pm 

Sorry to say that I'll be heading up to Scotland that day. Hope all goes well.
HDxxx

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:54 am 

As you can imagine there has been an overwhelming response to the very sad news of Huw’s passing. We have had thousands of messages from all around the world.
There are so many folk who would have loved to come and pay their respects to Huw in person on Thursday, but practicalities would not allow.

Marion and Kirsty have expressed their wishes that those people from around the world, who cannot be present, light a candle at 12 noon and say a few words in Huw’s memory.

If you would like to follow the service, we will be publishing the Order of Service on Thursday morning on the Hawkwind website www.hawkwind.com

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:31 am 

Just a couple more points before tomorrow

No dress code, come as you feel comfortable.

Huw's family have requested that people do not take pictures on the day,
We are sure everyone will understand and respect their wishes.
Thanks in advance for your co-operation.

Regards

Dave

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:40 pm 

Best wishes to Marion, Kirsty and HW, i hope the day goes well (as can be) i can't be there but you will all be in my thoughts tomorrow.

Sleep well Huw xx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:59 am 

order of service now online

http://www.hawkwindmuseum.co.uk/soo.htm
regards
dave

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:23 pm 

It is to my sadness and regret that due to the distances involved that I cannot make Huw's funeral today. However, I have his tunes on nice & loud and will be thinking of him, the band and his family.

Board index » Test category 1 » Huw Lloyd Langton