Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Huw Lloyd Langton RIP
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:20 pm 

It is with immense sadness that we have to let you know our great friend of many years and fellow musician Huw Lloyd Langton passed away peacefully last night.

Huw had been bravely fighting cancer for a couple of years, but was determined not to let the battle affect his day to day life. He continued to play his guitar, laugh, joke and share the great love he had in his heart, with all who knew him.

As he wished, he was at home when the time came, with his ever strong and loving wife Marion at his side.

Huw was one of the great guitarists with an individual style and character. He is gone but never forgotten by any of us. He will live on in our music and in our hearts.

We will update you all with details of funeral and remembrance plans as and when we have them.

Post subject: Re: Huw Lloyd Langton RIP
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:25 pm 

RIP Huw , It's good to know Bob is waiting for you mate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:27 pm 

Location: Kent, UK, in an unfashionable spiral arm of the galaxy
Deeply sad to hear this news. A truly nice fella with a big heart and a bigger smile, and a hero of mine.

Warmth and hugs to Marion and the family, and to all his friends.

* Quick edit *

Huw's generous chat to a friend of mine at Hawkfest 2007 helped give her the spirit to fight the cancer she had just been diagnosed with, and she always quotes his example as helping her get through the traumatic bone marrow transplant that she underwent soon after. He made a real difference in more ways than just music.....

I must be normal........

I must be normal........

Last edited by Jimski on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:32 pm 

bye Pubert von Plankton (that always raised your smile when I called you that)...an absolute honour to know you, and to have shared great times and great music with you...my heart goes out to Marion and family...cancer is the cruellest of demons
Fly free now Huw, you will be sorely missed by us all

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:36 pm 

I'm so sorry and sad to hear of Huw's passing.

When I first got into Hawkwind as a teenager in the 90's I bought all their 'classic' early albums. Hawkwind was just one of many 60s and 70s rock bands that I was fond of. It wasn't really until later when I first heard the LEVITATION LP that I truly became a huge Hawkwind fan. And that, in no small part, was due to Huw's amazing guitar playing on this and the following albums. What a great guy. My condolences to his family and friends. May he rest in peace.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:38 pm 

What an utter tragedy. A fantastic member of Hawkwind, there's so many of his contributions that will always be remembered.

Sorry, this shook me a lot, it's my birthday (the big 5-0, puts it very much in perspective), it's now always going to have another special significance.

RIP Huw, the spaceship will not forget.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:39 pm 

I am so,so sorry to hear this sad news. Huwie, you inspired me to pick up the guitar and you became a lovely friend too. There are no words... Absolutely gutted.... Sleep well my friend, I will never forget you. God Bless ya xx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:54 pm 

see you again one day. you gave so much to us, thoughts will always be with you from so many.
PEACE. Pat

Last edited by jokerwoodge on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:57 pm 

Huw Lloyd Langton.
A Legend, never to be forgotten.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:05 pm 

this is so sad. the best guitarist ever. condolences to his family and close friends. r.i.p huwy you legend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:14 pm 

Sad,sad news indeed......last memory for me was Huw and Marion sitting in the garden of a pub at the IoW Hawkfest, when we called across to say hello it was acknowleged by the man along with that great big smile and a very proud looking Marion. Been listening to and seeing Hawkwind since the early 70's and Huws influence was there for many of those years. Going to listen to that music with a different emotion from now on. God bless you Huw and condolences to his family and friends.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:16 pm 

So sorry to learn that we have lost Huw. Anne and I have known him for many years and been made most welcome at his home. His sheer briliance with the guitar is beyond doubt and all who knew him knew that he was a kind and friendly person. He was often described as 'a true gent' and indeed he was. We shall miss him greatly and our hearts go out to his dear wife, Marion.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:20 pm 

Ah....another big sigh and a heavy heart, from a fan of that wonderous guitar on 1980's Levitation, a legendary album graced by his presence, one that seared into the musical heart of so many of us who first heard Hawkwind in the eighties.. not to mention the vast canon of his other work.. fLy iN LigHt as opposed to rest in peace, more appropriate I feel for a Hawk Lord of the highest order. Love to all those closer to him than I.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Spiral-N ... 6885037221

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:21 pm 

Very sad news, rest in peace Huw

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:23 pm 

So, so sad!

What makes it worse was that I had no idea that his cancer was getting the better of him - I thought he was beating it, or that it was at least under control.

This has come right out of the blue for me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Board index » Test category 1 » Huw Lloyd Langton