Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Huw Lloyd Langton RIP
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:11 pm 

spent all day moping around and thinking of huw, family and friends - he was a lovely bloke - rest in peace huw

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:45 pm 

Well, it was a lovely service - I know that's almost a cliché, but never mind. I'll describe a few bits later on, including Brock leading the general singing of "Hurry on Sundown" - unless someone else does it first.

After reading Jim's thoughts posted an hour or so ago... yes, for over 30 years I've regarded the 1981 tour as the benchmark for comparisons. And it was Huw's work that helped set the bar so remarkably high.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:54 pm 

Location: Lost beyond the Black Hole's apparent horizon - Yorkshire
My thoughts were with Huw, his family and the Hawkwind family today. Hope he's jamming with Jason and rockin' the great beyond. Out of the shadows back on the laptop at work.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:45 pm 

glad to hear the service went well - i hppe the weather was fine - i wondered was the great man buried or cremated -really out of sorts all day - first seen them in dublin on the llevitation tour nov 1980 - awesome - big hugs

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:44 pm 

I haven't seen any thread yet, that "reviews" the funeral - surely that's not the right word, though!

I was hoping someone official would start one, but maybe they're all doing other things or just getting home, or whatever. The weather was crap earlier on, and improved later, by the way.

Towards the end of the service, there was a traditional number, "When the Saints go Marching In," and Dead Fred did the piano-type sound for that.

Quite a lot of us started clapping their hands in time to it while singing it - like the evangelical folks do - and then we cheered and applauded at the end, and some whistled. It was very moving, and really rather beautiful - and weirdly felt like a Hawkwind gig for a moment.

That was just before the serious business of the 'committal' and then carrying the coffin out of the church - for cremation, to answer the earlier question....

Last edited by graham on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:52 pm 

thanks graham - very glad to hear it went well - now i will open another can

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:54 pm 

The Gonzo blog editor has published my funeral write-up now... Church of Hawkwind - Saying Goodbye to Huw Lloyd-Langton.

I chose the headline - many blog contributors don't get to do that, but mine seemingly passed muster.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:40 pm 

thanks graham - well written and appropriate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:22 am 

Cheers browndawn

I see Kirsty (Huw's daughter) has commented on my blog post, to contribute the text of her own farewell... the bit I had difficulty hearing... and which explains the 'gobstopper' reference to which I referred!

I haven't said anything about the reception, yet.

It was held down at the village hall and there was a photo display board just inside the room, and another one over on the far side, showing various pix of Huw and friends and family. The latter display also had a cluster of sympathy / tiibute cards that had been sent to Marion and family.

I circulated for a while but unfortunately had to depart before things got properly under way - so I hope others will fill in the gaps!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:50 pm 

[quote="graham"]Cheers browndawn

I see Kirsty (Huw's daughter) has commented on my blog post, to contribute the text of her own farewell... the bit I had difficulty hearing... and which explains the 'gobstopper' reference to which I referred!

Thanks for the link to the service. I was gutted that I couldn't make it but your sensitive description of the service and the link to Kirsty's tribute to her dad helped to ease my intense disappointment that I wasn't there to say my goodbyes to Huw. I got to know Huw & Marion over the years and I am especially glad that I finally managed to repay Huw the £20.00 I owed him! Huw was my absolute idol as a guitar player and I respected and admired him very much.
His music is on a permanent loop in my iPod this week. Condolences to Huw's family and close friends.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:16 pm 

ach - probably shouldn't say this - i miss the great man. -four days ago i got a necklace inscribed with Huw's name - i really like it - much love to Marion (lovely girl) - Huw was a major player in my up-bringing - levitation - love to
all and big hugs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:21 am 

Huw - long may you rest in peace - hard to believe its two years already - you were such a lovely bloke - i was lucky to have known you - god bless and all my love and hugs to Marion and family and the Hawks and crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:27 am 

2 years on and your memory will long remain in our hearts. It was a pleasure to have known you Huw. RIP. Bets wishes and love to marion and family.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:06 pm 

Location: Lost beyond the Black Hole's apparent horizon - Yorkshire
Out of the Shadows got a play today. Much missed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:40 pm 

This moment like many moments listen Huw Lloyd Langton R.I.P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Board index » Test category 1 » Huw Lloyd Langton