Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Huw Lloyd Langton RIP
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:19 pm 

Spent many an evening drinking with Huw in the Greyhound in Hendon.

He will be missed.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:19 pm 

So sad,
the loss of huw makes me treasure the memory of the convivial drink we had with Huw and Marion in Falmouth last year more precious than ever.
Hope you enjoyed the fish and chips Huw.
Love,
The Bowleys

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:40 pm 

He was such a modest and generous man and a real guitarist's guitarist: almost endlessly inventive.

Best wishes and condolences to Marion and the Lloyd-Langton family.

Andy (UncleDes)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:44 pm 

Condolences to marion and Huws family.
Huw may be gone but his music will llive on forever

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:52 pm 

sad news about a wonderful guitarist - always enjoyed seeing him play as he always seemed to be enjoying himself too...condolences to his family

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:29 pm 

RIP, thoughts with Marion and family...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:08 pm 

Just heard that Huw passed, very sad news and condolences to his family.

Huw was, and still is, my favourite Hawkwind guitarist of all time.
When he was on stage the whole atmosphere of a live concert changed for the better.

I was lucky enough to have seen Hawkwind live on stage at the Edinburgh Odeon several times in the late 70's and early 80's, arguably the height of Hawkwind's success... no matter if it was or wasn't, Huw's presence on stage always brought that 'something' special to the concert.

RIP Huw, now where did i put that little known album of yours: LLoyd Langton Group - Time Space and LLG.

Thanks for the memories.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:36 pm 

More messages passed via e-mail, thanks so much, they mean a lot

Alan Jay - I had the great pleasure of seeing Huw with Hawkwind on many occasions, and loved his individual style and technique. I had the great honour of meeting him at a solo gig at The Fleece and Firkin in Bristol in 1989, he was a true gentleman, and happily allowed me to take some pictures during the gig, which i have always treasured. He will be sorely missed, my thoughts are with his family and friends. Alan Jay

fraser Gray - Rest in peace HUW. My all time guitar hero. This world is a darker place without you.

Fraser x

Simon Walker - I often watched Hugh at various concerts and gigs over the years, too many to remember them all, but it was a small pub gig a few years ago which I have the fondest memories. The music was free and the enjoyment was there for all to see. Having a chat with him after was extremely enjoyable and a few anecdotes were shared by all there. He will be missed, I will miss him. Rest in Peace Hugh.

Oz Hardwick - God bless, Huw. Great guitarist and always a warm & welcoming human being. My thoughts are with you and with your loved ones. Oz.

Thanks,
Oz.

Andrew Ranson - Just Like everybody else who has left a message over the past few days I was deeply sadened by the tragedy of Huw Lloyd Langtons death. Not only have we lost an innovative guitarist, who stands out among the great, but also a modest singer and performer. I will always remember his friendly persona and rubber ball bouncing antics on stage. May the Sea King live on in all our hearts. Sympathies to all his family and Friends. Rest In Peace Huw.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:12 am 

My thoughts and compassion goes to family and friends, R.I.P. Huw, gone but not forgotten. You'll always be here with us!
Peter Eriksson, Uppsala, SWE

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:29 am 

I have read every single comment that has been written about my dad and am truly touched. My dad was a fantastic man, kind, gentle, good natured, humble, funny, and my goodness was he talented. I have always been proud of my daddy and what he had achieved, and I am also proud to have called him my dad, I have always been a daddy's girl and always will be-He was a fantastic father. He is my father, my hero, my fighter and now my angel. RIP daddy, may you, your roll-ups, your cheeky smile and your Les Paul (Lizzie) Rock up in heaven and beyond, love always your little girl xxx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:00 pm 

RIP HLL......"till we meet again some day over the ocean..................":(:(:(

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:26 pm 

One more thing:
very nice to see Kirsty posting her sentiments, I always wonder about you :) :)
But I wish to say: I don't say/haven't said anything directly to Marion (and family) yet myself, because I have had my share of the departed, and there was simply nothing anyone could say to me.
time time time is what it took for me. (and it's a life-long process that you learn to cope with the best you can)
Plus I am only a fan that never had in-person contact like so many of you.

"RETURN in peace"
It is my belief that the source of all life is always alive and always ever-present.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:47 pm 

Dear all, having known Huw for many years, it came as a shock to be told by a friend yesterday that he was gone, I had lost touch with the boys years ago, so I would like to go to his funeral and say goodbye.
Lots of love old mate! Dil (your old sound man).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:50 am 

Huw was one of my favorite guitarists. I was introduced to him by way of Hawkwind and then went on to collect his work with Widowmaker, his solo stuff, and any guest appearances he made from Steve Swindells in the '70s all the way up through recent collaborations I'd found on iTunes.

I had the pleasure of seeing Huw twice on the Space Rock Invasion Tour 2011 and met him and Marion, to her go my condolences, may Huw rest in peace. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:46 pm 

Huw's sound and contribution to hawkwind was a key part of what got me into the band in the first place.

Rip squire, and thank you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Board index » Test category 1 » Huw Lloyd Langton