Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: hi all
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:42 am 

Hi

I'm 42 now and first got into Hawkwind in the late eighties when I was in my teens - I've seen them live many many times to the point of hitch-hiking round the UK following tours - haven't been to a gig of any kind in nearly 15 years now tho cos at that time the UK economy was gubbed like it is now and I had to go abroad to find work - naturally spent the first couple of years in Holland living on campsites, toking mega-weed and earning money to further my travels - I've lived and worked all over the world but most of my time was in Bangkok teaching English where I stayed for 10 years - I'm married to a Thai lass and we have 2 kids - oldest is 17, youngest is 4

I acquired a taste for cheap china white while in BKK and a lot of my time there was spent rattling when trying to give it up - have since been clean of H now for over 10 years but I still do just about everything else just not that

I've been living in Edinburgh since we came back from Thailand in 2003 but have never met any other HW fans here since I've been here - am I the only one?

my favourite songs the Gimme Shelter one they did with Sam Fox, Zarozenia and Masters of the Universe (the live fast version) still makes me tingle

so just to say hi to you all - my website is at http://www.baanliam.com

Peace, love and mung beans all round

TooManyzz
x

Report this post

Post subject: Re: hi all
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:32 am 

..hi man, love a mung bean sandwich. Your website is fantastic. May your orbit never decay..

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:06 am 

WELCOME TO THE NEO GOLDEN AGE.......YOU ARE WELCOME

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:54 pm 

Location: Lost beyond the Black Hole's apparent horizon - Yorkshire
Welcome to the parallel universe, though sounds like you may have already spent some time there LOL. For me it'd be Thai food.......

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:36 pm 

welcome to the optical sound, toomanyshroomz! :)

may your road continue to rise:)

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:59 pm 

Thanks for the welcoming comments guys just thought I'd post now before I get too mashed to type :roll: - going out tonight again in my eternal quest to find another HW fan here...don't worry I've got some other mates to talk to in case that doesn't work out as usual..

this is me btw in case you see me out and about in scotland come over and say hi

Last edited by toomanyshroomz on Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:44 pm 

Hi shrooms and welcome to the forum. You look even more baby faced than me but i do have 2 years on you. You have to spread the Hawkwind message instead of waiting to find people who are already fans!

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:45 am 

barnetquark wrote: You look even more baby faced than me but i do have 2 years on you.

yeah that previous pic was from a few years ago - this is me now.. 8)

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:21 am 

haha nice one shrooms - being married to a thai lass must have its food benefits - i cook a lot of indian stuff but i think my favourite stuff is thai - tom yam goong and a red thai prawn curry - i live in ireland and hawk fans are scarce - any that i've found are usually very straight looking dudes with a book hanging out of their pocket with a peaceful aura - the more the merrier here

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:42 pm 

yeah after that time in Thailand I reckon I must have tried everything going food-wise that they have over there - deep-fried cockroaches, stir-fried rat and all.. I love the food as well but maybe had too much cos I started craving things like roast beef and proper pizza - dairy products are very expensive out there so they never put enough cheese on their pizzas and even a bowl of cornflakes is pretty costly :cry: cos of the price of fresh milk

Now we're back here I find myself cooking most of my own stuff cos the wife eats things like chicken feet and dried squid - I'd rather have a burger and chips - although she normally cooks something for me once a week - a Nam Tok or Larb or something like that

the best thing you can have IMHO is gai pat prik pao (chicken cooked with a bbq'd chilll paste (prik geng) - in this case the chillies are roasted (pao) before mashing into the paste. Cooked properly it's lovely with some fresh peppercorns on it - has to be cooked properly mind you otherwise it's just mediocre rice with topping
--
Toomanyzz

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:35 am 

PRIK WHAT!!!???????

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:52 am 

crazy horse wrote:PRIK WHAT!!!???????

prik is the Thai word for chilli
pao literally means to cremate and is used for the word for BBQ/grill over charcoals etc also

the Thai food we get in the restaurants over here is nothing like the taste of the real stuff in Thailand eh cos they often cannot source some of the right ingredients and everything is tailored to the average UK person's palate anyway just like Indian food here

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:57 am 

Hi there TMS
You may be interested that Shroomwithaview was a podcast from Scotland. I think it may have been Glasgow, not listened to it for a while now.
Anyways you can find it on the Dopefiend Network these days.
Nice food for a Sunday lunch you got there and Pao is Portuguese for Bread!

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:09 am 

..have a shroomadelic birthday Image

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:44 pm 

JephraimToe wrote:..have a shroomadelic birthday Image

thanks man
start my week of nightshifts tonight so can't do anything too hectic
I overdid it a bit last night so just a nice chilled out afterglow remains today :)

@smugdruggler - cheers for the tip off I don't think I've seen that yet..

Report this post

Board index » Test category 1 » Newbie's