Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Hawkwind Party 1999 Live at the Chicago 1974 BOX on Ebay
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:54 am 

I bet you folks saw it on Ebay, i was wondering why this gets so much price. All I see is a boot made from a CD master and decent graphic design work. So far is £515.64...
Anybody can spare some info about this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172045136249? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Post subject: Re: Hawkwind Party 1999 Live at the Chicago 1974 BOX on Ebay
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:47 pm 

There are a lot of misguided folks that believe that all vinyl is superior to CD and will pay big $$$ for any vinyl product perceived as 'rare'.

This is a vinyl recording made from a CD master so that, while it's in a pretty box, will have inferior sound to the original CD it was pilfered from.

I am a Zappa collector and this sort of nonsense is common with CD-only Zappa releases.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:05 pm 

Clicking the "Report Item" text link might stop this sort of crap if enough people complain to ebay

Might be nice if hawkwind stepped up to the plate and stopped those crappy Greek discs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:46 am 

...and to think that I have asked some folks down here in Athens that "should" know who is the faker, but nobody has a clue. It is in the city I live, but I cannot trace it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:17 pm 

I see it sold for over 1,400 USD.
could be the timing was opportune, with Lemmy's passing ~ an emotion-fueled purchase by someone with bread to burn. Silly but true an awful lot of vinyl these days is mastered from CD ~ an exploitation of a hipster trend that is now mostly past its day of novelty.
Screenshot_2016-01-30-06-21-37.png
Screenshot_2016-01-30-06-21-37.png [ 377.79 KiB | Viewed 1672 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:33 am 

Yep, P.T. Barnum was right. There IS a sucker born every minute.

Board index » Test category 1 » Albums + DVD\'s Videos etc