Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Hawkwind Mission Control Announcements
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:41 pm 

Can't beleive it's taken me this long to work this out :-)

Gonna start a new thread here that'll remain at the top of the page where i'll post all relevant announcements at roughly the same time as they are posted on Hawkwind.com

Ok here's your starter -

26.06.13 - This year just keeps getting busier and busier! - More shows added

Those of you who follow the site closely will have noticed that we recently added an additional UK show at the Stamford Corn Exchange on the 25th August and whilst bringing this to the attention of the less observant amongst you we can also confirm that the band will also be appearing at the O2 Academy in Oxford on the 4th November. As ever full details of these and all other shows can be found on the tour dates page.

Can we also take this opportunity to point out that the previously announced Chicago date on the North American tour has changed venue. Tickets for this show go on sale this coming Friday, the 28th June, click here for more details
http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEv ... twfb&pl=eb

Post subject: Re: Hawkwind Mission Control Announcements
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:35 pm 

Hurrah for HMCA

Hawkwind have changed venue but same date before now..... I seem to remmeber that happened in Germany once? Tis only a vague memory, though.

Incidently, are we allowed to babble on about Marmite vs Bovril and other important things, here?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:25 pm 

My vote is for Marmite, Graham......

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:16 pm 

Why exclude Vegemite? Surely that's a cut above the rest?? You disappoint me Graham....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:41 pm 

No need to include Vegemite as it is so clearly superior to the other two that all they can do is battle it out between themselves for a far distant second place. :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:41 am 

I think there's plenty of other places on the forum to discuss yeast based products and there pro's and con's, so here's another news item for you :-) posted a few minute ago to the Hawkwind website and facebook pages -

First off, our very own Tim Blake will be supplying the support for tonight's gig at Holmfirth.

Anyone attending the following days show at the Jodrell Bank telescope please be aware that Hawkwind are due onstage at 7:30pm so make sure you are there in plenty of time :-)

Finally for now we've added yet another show to our autumn schedule and will now be appearing at the Old Market in Brighton on Guy Fawkes night the 5th November. Tickets for this date go on sale on Monday 8th July, for more details and relevant link, click here and visit the tour dates page for all the latest info.

www.hawkwind.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:00 pm 

Thanks Dave, this is a very good idea for those of us that don't frequent the M.C. homepage.
If one of us wanted to request a song for someone special, or ill, that will be attending a gig...
Would this be the place to do so??
Mike

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:09 pm 

hi mike

i would suggest in these cases drop a line to the band or myself, whilst it's not a locked topic i feel that discussion if any should be relevant to the recent posts.

cheers

dave

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:34 am 

17.07.13 - Hawkwind to headline "Planet Rockstock"

We are delighted to announce that Hawkwind will headline the Saturday night of a brand new event called "Planet Rockstock" that will be held over the weekend of the 6th - 8th December.

As the name suggests the event has been organised by digital radio station Planet Rock and whilst more details will be forthcoming over the coming weeks, here's a few details to wet the appetite -

Planet Rockstock is the first Planet Rock weekender and will be held in Great Yarmouth on Dec 6 – 8th. The first bands announced include headliners Hawkwind (Saturday), Uriah Heep (Sunday), Fish, Snakecharmer, Slam Cartel and The Jokers. There will be more bands to be announced over the coming weeks. Planet Rockstock isn’t just a live music event but includes activities such as the Ultimate Anorak Quiz where you can test your rock knowledge. Rockaoke – a chance to perform in front of live band and of course there will be the chance to meet the Planet Rock DJ’s plus loads more…

For more details click here -

http://www.planetrock.com/events/rock-stock/rockstock/

regards

dave

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:30 pm 

Highscores: 1
shhhh Dave,hope your ok,I havent been around for a while,hope your keeping well,hope to catch up at shepherds bush,I still remember your poor guessing game and singing at camp Krankschaft on the IOW xx

Post subject: 04.09.13 - Dave Brock honoured at last nights Classic Rock P
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:50 pm 

Visit the latest news page for the working links ;-)

Pretty self explanatory really but in case you don't know by now Dave picked up the lifetime achievement award at last nights Progressive Music Awards held at Kew Gardens in London.
To check out posts of the evening activities then have a look at our Facebook and Twitter pages where all the excitement of the evening unfold via the magic of social media!

There's also a link to the BBC take on the story, click here

Whilst the Western Morning News filed the following report, click here

And finally for now here's a picture of Dave picking up his award, which incidentally was presented by long time fan and friend of the band Matthew Wright, via the Team Rock Radio site, click here

Post subject: Special guests fir North American tour announced
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:19 pm 

Hawkwind are pleased to announce, that special guests on all North American tour dates, will be the Liverpool based FAMILIAR LOOKING STRANGERS.
https://www.facebook.com/FamiliarLookingStrangers

FLS are part of the Hawkwind Family, being regulars at Hawkfest and Hawkwind UK shows.

We are really looking forward to our October North American adventures together...Its going to be a Hawkwind - FLS 2013 Party!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:36 am 

yeah! rock on the hawks and hope you make it over yourself. i don't do facebook or twitter meself so from that point of view i don't know what is hsppening - best wishes - love

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:17 pm 

i liked hawkwind forum because Hawkwind are an English rock band, one of the earliest space rock groups. Their lyrics favour urban and science fiction themes.and urban and science fiction themes i liked most

Post subject: New release coming in October
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:54 am 

To co-incide with our 2013 tour of North America, we are pleased to announce the release of "SPACEHAWKS". This will be released for the US market early October, becoming available in UK at the end of the month. Tracklisting as follows -

01. Seasons - (remix from Onward)
02. Assault & Battery- New studio recording ( Original from Warrior On The Edge Of Time)
03. Golden Void - New studio recording (from Warrior On The Edge Of Time)
04. Where Are They Now
05. Sonic Attack - New Studio Recording
06. Demented Man - New studio recording (from WarriorOn The Edge Of Time )
07. We two are one - New Track
08. We Took the Wrong Step - (From Dave Brock solo album Looking for Love in the lost land of dreams)
09. Masters of the Universe - New studio recording with Huw.
10. Sacrosanct - New
11. Sentinel - (remix from Blood Of The Earth)
12. Its all Lies - (from Stellar Variations - Hawkwind Light Orchestra)
13. Touch - New Studio Recording
14. The Chumps are Jumping - New Studio Recording
15. Lonely Moon - New Studio Recording
16. Sunship - BOTE (remix from Blood Of The Earth)
The album will come in 3 versions as listed below -

Standard format: http://www.plastichead.com/catalogue.as ... t=EW0138CD
Deluxe package: http://www.plastichead.com/catalogue.as ... t=EW0139CD
Double vinyl: http://www.plastichead.com/catalogue.as ... t=RCV131LP

Board index » Test category 1 » Hawkwind Chat