Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Hawkwind Dancers
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:44 am 

Highscores: 1
Firstly i thought the girls did a fantastic job at leeds and an even better one at leamington,coming out into the crowd at leamington for the man set....thanks very much,your hard work is more than apreciated !!! costumes looked awsome as ever !!!!

great to put some faces to names,Maddog at leeds (sorry i didnt catch up later).Brown dawn and his wife,at leamington,hope you both got home ok ? great to meet at last and lastly davemod,again great to put a face to you and your wife.

making an old'ish (but young at heart) man very happy....thanks again ladies !!!!

Last edited by jonnim on Mon May 03, 2010 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Hawkwind Dancers
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:52 am 

They're pure class those girls aren't they.. Great photos!

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:09 pm 

SteevPond wrote:They're pure class those girls aren't they.. Great photos!
Nice show Saturday Steve, keep it up.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:29 pm 

I thought the dancers were great. They certainly help to add that little bit extra to a Hawkwind Happening. All part of the experience. They certainly seem to have got better over the last few years. Probably to do with keeping at least one regular (Lisa is it?).
The costumes just get better too. Role on Hawkfest for another dose I say.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:03 pm 

think thats Laura and Steph Witchwood and i agree mate they certainley are an integral part of the hawkwind vibe ....the theatrics are sometimes mesmorising :? and as we see a bit of a following for the girls is steadly buiding up and judging by some of the images that we are able to see i am a fan myself .. :P :D

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:04 pm 

As far as I can remember there has always been dancers at Hawkwind gigs. If there were no dancers I wouldn't consider it a full event, wasn't Kris originaly a dancer ? Stef and Laura seem to have fitted in well to the visual experience at Hawkwind gigs and it was a joy to have them wandering through the audience on stilts. I wonder what visual delights they will have for us on the next tour.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:08 pm 

In the past I've not been that bothered about the dancers. I could take them or leave them. But over the last few tours Stef & Laura have really grown into the part and seem to bring something new everytime.

Their costumes are fantastic and add a real visual interest the the shows. The massive effort they put in pays off and is really appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:45 pm 

indeed Kris was and still is a dancer :lol: ....i asked her at porchester about getting back on stage to do some fire eating etc .....not allowed in certain venues , especially ones like porchester with the grand decor!......rules n regs n that .....

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:58 pm 

Kris has danced with Hawkwind for years- if I remember rightly she was on the Black Sword tour as Zarozinia & Tony Crerand as Elric- that was good & believe she was with them prior to that. Have to agree Stef & Laura make an old man happy.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:33 pm 

Ragna Rock wrote:Kris has danced with Hawkwind for years- if I remember rightly she was on the Black Sword tour as Zarozinia & Tony Crerand as Elric- that was good & believe she was with them prior to that.

Yes - she danced at Donington and on the Choose Your Masques tour too

Ragna Rock wrote: Stef & Laura make an old man happy.

I don't think I've seen them do that routine :shock:

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:43 pm 

there goes the ambrosia;whoops!lol!:)

Board index » Test category 1 » Tours Past & Present