Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hawkfest 2012
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:57 am 

Realistically I think I've sadly given up on there being a Hawkfest this year ........

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:31 am 

thats a shame - i haven't been since devon in 2002... and those memoires are rahter distant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:18 pm 

Bumping for news...

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:56 am 

Location: Lost beyond the Black Hole's apparent horizon - Yorkshire
Tumbleweeds blowing past.............

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:46 am 

I got an e-mail about the new album. It would have been good for it to have said something about what's happening with a possible Hawkfest. I might reply and ask.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:40 pm 

looks a dead duck for this year......

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:56 pm 

Hello folks!

Unfortunately, as quite a few people knew, the only weekend we could get the Hawkfest crew, the site and the band in one place for a Hawkfest, was at the end of July, but we have been emailed by so many people telling us that we couldn't possibly think of it because it clashed with another festival that weekend and it would be seen as an act of "aggression" or however we were meant to interpret it, that we have decided to postpone our event.

We are here to please people not get into a "come to my fest, its better" war.....so we have backed down on our plans.....

Big apologies to everyone who was relying on us. We do have a plan "B" up our sleeves ;-), which we are trying to organise at the moment........It wont be summer and it wont be outdoors, but it will be a weekend event and we WILL bring the spirit of Hawkfest with us....

Yours in adversity,

The Hawkfest team.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:51 pm 

Highscores: 2
Act of aggression?!!! I for one couldn't give a monkey's about any other festival clashing with HAWKFEST. For me there is no contest. HAWKFEST will always be my NUMBER 1 choice.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:11 pm 

Location: Kent, UK, in an unfashionable spiral arm of the galaxy
Toga! Toga!!

I must be normal........

I must be normal........

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:20 pm 

Location: Kent, UK, in an unfashionable spiral arm of the galaxy
Hawkwind wrote:Hello folks!

Unfortunately, as quite a few people knew, the only weekend we could get the Hawkfest crew, the site and the band in one place for a Hawkfest, was at the end of July, but we have been emailed by so many people telling us that we couldn't possibly think of it because it clashed with another festival that weekend and it would be seen as an act of "aggression" or however we were meant to interpret it, that we have decided to postpone our event.

We are here to please people not get into a "come to my fest, its better" war.....so we have backed down on our plans.....

Big apologies to everyone who was relying on us. We do have a plan "B" up our sleeves ;-), which we are trying to organise at the moment........It wont be summer and it wont be outdoors, but it will be a weekend event and we WILL bring the spirit of Hawkfest with us....

Yours in adversity,

The Hawkfest team.

Mixed news, it's a real shame it's not on, but at the same time glad that there's no clash between events of such similarity. Fingers crossed for the planned 'event' - will be there (as usual) as well as at as many others as I can make.

* Edit * P.s. organisers of the other fest just asked me to pass on personal thanks, and their continued support.

I must be normal........

I must be normal........

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:38 pm 

It's good to have a clear statement from the band about this, and I for one respect their concern for those of us who will be otherwise engaged at the end of July.

I am as disappointed as anyone that it won't happen this year, but now we can look forward to 'Plan B' and hopefully an early announcement for Hawkfest 2013

See you there, hopefully :D

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:54 pm 

Jimski wrote:
Hawkwind wrote:Hello folks!

Yours in adversity,

The Hawkfest team.

Mixed news, it's a real shame it's not on, but at the same time glad that there's no clash between events of such similarity. Fingers crossed for the planned 'event' - will be there (as usual) as well as at as many others as I can make.

* Edit * P.s. organisers of the other fest just asked me to pass on personal thanks, and their continued support.

So what is this other festival of similarity. I have not been interseted in anything until the confirmation of NO HAWKFEST!!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:07 pm 

Robbo wrote:
So what is this other festival of similarity. I have not been interseted in anything until the confirmation of NO HAWKFEST!!!!

It's KozFest in Devon, but I believe that it sold out a few weeks ago . . .

:(

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:33 pm 

Kozfest or Hawkfest...there really is no debate....

quite why it would be seen as an act of aggression or otherwise is beyond me...there are many festivals going on at all times of the year....
i'm sure there would be many people who would've gone to the Hawkfest over any other Festival...after all , it's not just any festival but a chance to see Hawkwind that is what makes the Hawkfest such a wonderful thing...Something that Kozfest can never in a month of 'Last weekends in July' can ever hope to replicate.....
The only naysayers are the ones who are greedy and want to get a Hawkfest and another festival...you paid your money and backed the Kozfest...tough luck if you miss out on a Hawkfest....
However, you've now, with your griping about a festival clash, ruined it for the rest of us who held out for a Hawkfest..putting off family holidays and many other things in the hope of seeing Hawkwind at their own festival this year........

Does anyone else remember the first Hawkfewst when there was only a few of us sitting in the Dorset sunshine when the majority went off to Guilfest which clashed with the Hawkwind festival and had a certain 'other' band playing? a perfect weekend...peace, a whole field to ourselves and wonderful music...
So, bring on a clash of festivals.....I know where i'd be....

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:37 pm 

Drakrats wrote:Kozfest or Hawkfest...there really is no debate....

quite why it would be seen as an act of aggression or otherwise is beyond me...there are many festivals going on at all times of the year....
i'm sure there would be many people who would've gone to the Hawkfest over any other Festival...after all , it's not just any festival but a chance to see Hawkwind that is what makes the Hawkfest such a wonderful thing...Something that Kozfest can never in a month of 'Last weekends in July' can ever hope to replicate.....
The only naysayers are the ones who are greedy and want to get a Hawkfest and another festival...you paid your money and backed the Kozfest...tough luck if you miss out on a Hawkfest....
However, you've now, with your griping about a festival clash, ruined it for the rest of us who held out for a Hawkfest..putting off family holidays and many other things in the hope of seeing Hawkwind at their own festival this year........

Does anyone else remember the first Hawkfewst when there was only a few of us sitting in the Dorset sunshine when the majority went off to Guilfest which clashed with the Hawkwind festival and had a certain 'other' band playing? a perfect weekend...peace, a whole field to ourselves and wonderful music...
So, bring on a clash of festivals.....I know where i'd be....

Well said Sir!! I totally agree. Hmmm do you think that if 1000 people emailed Mission Control asking for a Hawkfest on the last weekend in July they might change their mind?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » Test category 1 » Hawkfest