Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Hawkfest 2010 - Thank-you
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:06 am 

Just a quick message from the field to express my thanks to everyone at Hawkfest- the bands, crew, stewards & the travelling family. Musically the best Hawkfest in my opinion. A long way home but it's been worth every second.

Hope that the 2011 Hawkfest can be pencilled in soon.

Cheers to you all.

Post subject: Re: Hawkfest 2010 - Thank-you
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:37 pm 

Seconded. I totally agree. Even the weather was perfect in the end. Now chilling in Ventnor for a couple of days, and quietly reflecting on what a wonderful three days we shared.

starfighter wrote:Just a quick message from the field to express my thanks to everyone at Hawkfest- the bands, crew, stewards & the travelling family. Musically the best Hawkfest in my opinion. A long way home but it's been worth every second.

Hope that the 2011 Hawkfest can be pencilled in soon.

Cheers to you all.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:11 pm 

Same as all of that!

me & lyn just got home and wanted to say a BIG thank you to everyone, we had a lovely blast and hope the Hawkfest 2011 happens, we'll come back!

Thanks for such a great 3 days!

PS loved the Tosh session.... blew me away ;)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:18 pm 

Highscores: 3
What a great weekend,highlights? Head jam,TOSH and some group called Hawkwind

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:23 pm 

Great music 3 days...
Great atmosphere 3 days...

I left the field this morning at 7am and after a nice 426,5 kms reached home on my motorcycle at 6:30pm here in Belgium :D

Hawkfest is the best festival in the world !!!

Hello to everybody I met there...
Keep rocking...

noule

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:34 pm 

Thank you so much to everyone involved in putting it on and to everyone who came! I think we all had a great time together :) I hope your ride back was a bit drier Noule! Great to have met you.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:22 pm 

Had a great time, thanks to everybody involved.
Good to be back in the warm though, flipping heck, I didn't expect it to get that cold - Brrrrrrr !!!

Thanks again, well worth the experience (pun)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:23 pm 

Big thanks to all involved in making Hawkfest 2010 happen, and a huge thanks to the lovely ladies on the Bus for letting us camp up early, and also for letting one of us pay on the day. Without doubt the best festival I have been to, and the location was beautiful, sadly we didn't get round to seeing more of the island, but what we did see was breathtaking.
Saw some brilliant bands, particularly Mr Quimby's Beard and Hawkwind, who both blew my mind.
My first ever Hawkfest, hopefully the first of many. Big thumbs up Hawkwind, and to all who were there to make it such a great weekend.

P.S Huge thanks to the 2 lads from Bath, for helping me move my tent and packing it away when we left.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:31 pm 

Thanks to all who made it possible. It was so very good !

Attachments:
HF 2010.jpg
HF 2010.jpg [ 73.86 KiB | Viewed 2563 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:45 pm 
THANX from me and my family it was one of the best weekends of my life .......big love and respect to all the hawkwind crew , they made it all happen .....met some fantastic people as you do at a hawkfest .
thanx for the company .........we took the right steps years ago :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:55 pm 

Us too! Me and Andi are soooo happy! Saw red Squirrels!!!! Just got back and would have stayed on that beautiful isle if we could have! Thank you Hawkfolk! All of us!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:50 pm 

It was an amazing weekend. Met some old friends and made some new. Saw some great bands again both old and new. A huge thank you to all who helped in any way to make this happen. And an extra special Thank you to the Hawkwind team as they put on an absolutely spectacular weekend.
Love to all.

Simon.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:03 pm 

Massive thank you, hard to just put a few words down to give enough thanks to all the effort that must have gone in to put on such a show. it was so relaxed and easy going. My kids really enjoyed it and it took me back a lot of years.
Special thanks to the folk on the gate and security who kept letting me on and off site as frequently as they did. Camping seems like a good idea, perhaps another time I will.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:36 pm 

I have loaded a few snap shots onto

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rick_sol_f ... 843804764/

Super weekend, great friends and some of the best sounds I can remember. Highlights for me (apart from hawkwind of course) was Gaia, Huw, Here and Now and TOSH.

Roll on next year!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:22 am 

Lovely photos there Electro. I liked all the bands I saw. Can't ask for more than that!

Board index » Test category 1 » Hawkfest