Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Re: Hawkfest 2010 - Thank-you
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:28 pm 

what a great weekend the vibe was instant it took a mere 10 minutes to set up and we were up and running well sitting, but definately the best to date and the best hawk performance i have seen too many plusses to mention but thankyou soo much shame my photo opportunities died saturday evening but hey ho got the memories :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:17 am 

Not much I can add to what's already been said, without pre-empting my forthcoming review of course :) A million thanks to Margaret, Rose, Kris, Kevin, Russell and everyone who stewarded or otherwise worked behind the scenes. We met and chatted to so many people, everyone was just lovely and the whole weekend was brilliant, like it always is. Long may Hawkfests continue!

Hope everyone got home safely. 'Tis nice to sleep in a bed again :P

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:53 pm 

Massive thanks to everyone who organised, Hawfest is much greater than the sum of its parts. Great to meet humans again. Great everything.Looking forward to the next one wherever it is. :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:39 pm 

Flutatious would like to personaly thank all the Hawkfest crew for a great experience, from the lovely lady in the black bus at the gate to the guys from tarantism running the sound on stage 2, excellent job, you worked extremely hard for us and we really appreciate it. We would also like to thank Mel for such a great slot, it was a real honour to warm people up before the Hawkwind set.
Also a great big thanks to the audience who made us feel extremely welcome and really vibed us up.
A big thanks to Hawkwind for asking us to play to their audience again. It means a lot to us and we hope that Hawkfest continues to be the great success it is.
A great festival with no security telling people where to go or what to do. If only others had the same idea. RESPECT TO ALL.....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:51 pm 

Huge thanks to everyone involved - felt like meeting the family again after so many years. Lots of old friends and faces, many new ones (Hi Afton, was a pleasure to meet you, albeit briefly).

I still need to pay for my ticket - I'd arranged to have Michael's spare one, but either his cell phone batteries died or it was switched off. Took a massive chance on arriving anyway and chatting to Margaret and Rose by the black bus and they let me in (probably because I looked like I'd cry if they didn't) - I promised Margaret I wouldn't let her down, so am trying to find out if Michael still has that unused ticket, or if I need to post a cheque off to Margaret for the full price.

Anyway, really great effort from all involved - I'm very aware that the IoW proved to be quite a nightmare for alot of the organisers - but hey - where the Spaceship wants to land, it lands. Am so pleased it all went well and everyone left with such a memorable / nostalgic experience.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:07 pm 

hi all. we just got back havin spent a couple more days on the island. werent we all so lucky to have experienced the weekend!! met some new forum members and tried my best to act normal. great bands as usual. nuffin else to add right now but give me a few hours to come down. :wink: :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:26 pm 

Not much i can add except i had a very very good time. I got to have a little chat with Dave and that felt cool. Spoke with Matty Wright and found we had been to Stonehenge the same years. Really enjoyed it all even the expensive grub. Please more vegan food.
O and i love the idea of getting festivals back to how the old free festivals where, but where are all the drugs on sale. 25 years ago at the henge you could walk around the site and see menus for Hot Knives, space cake, weed, mushroom tea, etc. That would be nice to have back.
Hi every one who was there and THANKS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:34 am 

Hi Hawkfolk, just want to say thanks to everybody for a smashing Hawkfest! Especially Dave & particularly Kris!
I could only make it by the time Hawkwind had already played the new album 1/3 - 1/2way through, but from that point I had a brilliant time.

Rich and Dibs had asked me to play with TOSH only a week before at which point I really didn't think I was going to make it to the fest at all!
But I've been playing those early songs since they were originally recorded so just had to brush up on the vocals. (took my acoustic guitar to work for a few days! ha ha!!!)

Fortunately due to the digital revolution I have been able to catch up on lots of music I missed and seen loads of pics and vids of the event.

The social event was BRILLIANT! And the cafes and bar. I met loads of old (!) friends and new friends, hooked up with people I had got to know on facebook.
I love wandering about between the camps and tents and jammin the night away and Sunday night ended up in the Ministry Of Loud van jammin with Simon Deards and others for hours till dawn! and left a galaxy of dreams behind...

It was great how beautifully everyone kept the site clean, and the bogs weren't bad at all!
I thought Question Time was great Matthew was f**kin hilarious! Glad to see it's on YouTube now.
Brilliant to see so many kids there, lovely.

Had a good journey back - Richard gave me a lift, as he lives quite close to me and we played the full re-issue version of Greasy Truckers HW CD which I hadn't previously heard on the way back at full blast! brilliant!

What a gas. Good things are happening since, not finalised but Martin Krel wants me to do some vocals on new album and there's another project lifting off later next week, I'll keep you posted. I do look in on the forum often but I don't think I've posted before.

I've had a bit of a quiet time of late, mostly financial restraints, haven't played live for ages, missed Leamington etc so this event and the enthusiasm I received has fired me up to get my s**t together (maaan).

Lotsa Love,
Steve Bemand

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:29 am 

Steve you were on top form ....TOSH were fekin blasting !!! ........thanx for music Steve ....great talking to you again old bean .. :D :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:02 pm 

Cheers Daz, great to see your boy shreddin too, look forward to seeing him do gigs in future!

O forgot to mention, I loved Krankschaft my 1st time seeing them, and Gaia were quite spellbinding (only saw late performance) gotta get some CDs

BTW if you're wondering about my user name, it means
"Messenger of the covenant by guitar" lol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:19 pm 

lunaring wrote:Not much i can add except i had a very very good time. I got to have a little chat with Dave and that felt cool. Spoke with Matty Wright and found we had been to Stonehenge the same years. Really enjoyed it all even the expensive grub. Please more vegan food.
O and i love the idea of getting festivals back to how the old free festivals where, but where are all the drugs on sale. 25 years ago at the henge you could walk around the site and see menus for Hot Knives, space cake, weed, mushroom tea, etc. That would be nice to have back.
Hi every one who was there and THANKS

can you imagine how many police vans it would take to take us all away :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.myspace.com/534282040

http://www.youtube.com/user/seangibson66?feature=mhum

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:24 pm 

thanks too every one who made this happen i had a great time it was my first time at hawkfest
hope theres one in 2011.
holmfirth next :D :D

http://www.myspace.com/534282040

http://www.youtube.com/user/seangibson66?feature=mhum

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:02 pm 

Thanks to All @ Hawkfest.
Amazing site, brilliant vibe, top notch organisation and friendly security!
We had a cracking time, and entertained a good amount of Hawfesters on Sunday afternoon!
Awesome once again.
Peace, luv & Lite
Spirits...

Kie Spirit
Tim Spirit
Ciaran Spirit
Grerman Spirit

http://www.myspace.com/spiritsoftheearth

Board index » Test category 1 » Hawkfest