Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hawkfest 2010 News!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:28 am 

Are these smoking or non smoking tepees.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:53 am 

Location: Kent, UK, in an unfashionable spiral arm of the galaxy
Mpc wrote:Are these smoking or non smoking tepees.

At the Hawkfest Pow-Wow we shall be instituting a series of smoke signals based on the protocols of the Haulapia tribe, Arizona.

We shall also be instituting our own tribe 'Ghost Dance' which will consist of getting extremely loaded and conga-ing our way around the non-tribe palefaces camped on the rest of the site, whooping, yelling, farting and generally making suitable noises (Vuvuzeles are strictly barred).

Dress is optional (but at least wear some Y-fronts for fear of scaring the palefaces).

http://www.vidzshare.net/play.php?vid=3831

I must be normal........

I must be normal........

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:20 pm 

Dont know about this. Thats just how I"ve got myself barred from a great deal of campsites round the country doing this very same form of relaxation. "Yes sir, I DO know this is a family site, but surely they"re tucked up in there sleeping bags at 3am , and it DOES seem a nice night for it" was my usual reply, but to no avail.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:35 pm 

stevie k wrote:Dont know about this. Thats just how I"ve got myself barred from a great deal of campsites round the country doing this very same form of relaxation. "Yes sir, I DO know this is a family site, but surely they"re tucked up in there sleeping bags at 3am , and it DOES seem a nice night for it" was my usual reply, but to no avail.

We braves aren't afraid of the Puttyfoot site marshalls. If they don't take the offer of the pipe of peace and some firewater we'll scalp 'em!

*** Edit - how many campsites have you been thrown out of? Remind me to move the tipi away from you during the first afternoon ***

I must be normal........

I must be normal........

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:09 pm 

Actually, only one, but thats only because of forgetting to put my Y-fronts on before starting. [Ahem]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:59 pm 

stevie k wrote:Actually, only one, but thats only because of forgetting to put my Y-fronts on before starting. [Ahem]

Aha, the old "I'm sorry officer, I'm sure I had some underpants on when I came out" excuse. How many times have we all used this?

I must be normal........

I must be normal........

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:17 pm 

just added the following to the main site -

We can now add Tragic Roundabout and Familiar Looking Strangers to this years line up, both bands proved to be hugely popular with the audience at Hawkfest 2008. Secondly, we can also confirm that Dick Taylor who you will no doubt be aware produced Hawkwind's first album some 40 years ago, will be making a special appearance along with his band, The Hillmans.

As ever look out for more announcements coming your way in the near future and for all the current Hawkfest news and details click below.

http://www.hawkwindmuseum.co.uk/hflatest%20news.htm

regards

dave

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:53 pm 

six weeks and counting

http://www.myspace.com/534282040

http://www.youtube.com/user/seangibson66?feature=mhum

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:38 pm 

We can now confirm that the Legendary Girlschool are the latest band confirmed for Hawkfest.

regards

dave

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:26 am 

Girlschool, awesome. I have not seen them for years. :D :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:10 am 

Being the NWOBHM refugee that I am, I'm quite looking forward to Girlschool.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:45 pm 
me too ....they dident show at bolton and i caught the last 30 seconds at liverpool ................some cracking bands confirmed up to now ......shaping up nice !!
how about toby Marks ...Banco de gaia....was brill at leamington ......

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:43 pm 

Just added an FAQ section on the main hawkwind web site, to view click on -

http://www.hawkwindmuseum.co.uk/hflatest%20faq%27s.htm

hope that helps

regards

dave

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:26 am 

davemod wrote:Just added an FAQ section on the main hawkwind web site, to view click on -

http://www.hawkwindmuseum.co.uk/hflatest%20faq%27s.htm

hope that helps

regards

dave

Great and useful info dave :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:14 pm 

Not bands this time, but we can now confirm that the "Naughty Pixie crew and their 16ft Yurt"
http://pixieworkscosmicyurts.blogspot.com/
will be making an appearance at Hawkfest together with a selection of traditional fairground side stall attractions that includes Coconut shy, Archery, Hoopla, Can game, Ball in the bucket, Juvenile strikers and Swing boats.

More additions and confirmations will follow min due course so make sure you check in on a regular basis

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Board index » Test category 1 » Hawkfest