Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: hawkeaster 2017?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:45 am 

Indeed..one of the highlights of the year..of any year :D :wink:
Brilliant people, Hawkwinder's and Seatoners, seen some of THE best Hawkwind sets I've seen and many many other wonderful bands too.
Where else can a Sunday start with a stonking TOSH set :D :wink: ?!!

Been lucky enough to go a few times and brought our two boys, 5 and 10 (strange names but we like them :wink: ), down last year for the first time,

They LOVED the weekend..

Been talking about it a lot since last Easter particularly the younger one asking when we can go back..well a year is a long time when you're 5..(or 49)..

Know there's been no promises but we've booked a van too :D
Fit's nicely with school hols so we're coming whatever..

We'll go to and enjoy whatever's on at Brock Hall that weekend...though would be so much better if it was Hawkeaster :D :D :D ..

x

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:59 pm 

Highscores: 5
Yea, pretty sure Elga & Nige will have something going on :mrgreen:
Are you booked at AxeVale Huw?

ALCOHOL
J Strummer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:09 pm 

:D Yep, we're Axevale, Dai..stayed in different B&B and the Youth Hostel at Beer a couple of times..all fab..but caravan a bit easier with the kids..

I'm sure we'd find something to do :D :wink: ..Elga and Nigel always been great and Carol and everyone upstairs really looked after the kids brilliantly..making stuff, playing, building a den, watching films..better than at home for them :D :D ..

Think there's a few others I know booked down into Seaton that weekend anyway so we'll be alright :D :wink: ..

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:40 pm 

Highscores: 5
Stayed at the campsite on the hill the 1st time, damn that was cold. Spent most of the nights in my car with the heater on.... the wife has been with me every year since so good excuse to book caravan :mrgreen:
See Ya Down The Front!

ALCOHOL
J Strummer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:12 pm 

:D :D :D Sure will Dai...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:20 pm 

well, here we are middle of Jan and none the wiser.

I must say I'm a tad disappointed that I received no reply re facebook message to hawkwind, but with a new album and tour dates to sort, they're clearly very busy right now.

I quite understand if it ain't on this year, nothing lasts forever, perhaps they've got a better offer at Easter, who knows.
The one area I do feel a bit sorry for is the good folk of Seaton, as in the landladies and others who offer accomodation. I've been contacted by my landlady asking if I know whats happening. They are continuing to hold the rooms, but, understandably, they can't do that for too much longer.

be nice if Hawkwind could say one way or other or 'its under discussion', c'mon guys, throw us a bone. If nothing by end of this month I will find other pleasures for Easter. Ho hum.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:21 pm 

I'm sure we would have heard by now if this was a definate no-goer. The Band aren't going to dump on us and the people of Seaton, it's just not their style.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:57 pm 

Having been to all four Hawkeasters and thoroughly enjoyed them I am a bit concerned that we haven't heard anything yet. I keep looking at the main page for an announcement just in case.
It has never been left this late to put tickets on sale. However I haven't given up hope yet. At least years Q&A session, when someone asking if it was going ahead this year the band gave the impression that it was all but confirmed. So hopefully there are behind the scenes stuff going on that are delaying proceedings.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:17 pm 

Not a question of the band 'dumping' on anyone. It's very clear Hawkwind have given a lot of support to the Gateway and to Seaton.
It's more a question that it's getting to the point where the good folk of Seaton who book out accommodation need to know.
I'm not that bothered for myself, as I can hop in the car and be there in 30mins, but, given a free choice, I'm happy to support the businesses in the area, which is part of what HawkEaster is about.
Fwiw Gateway have not booked anything else on for Easter yet, so perhaps it's still work in progress.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:05 pm 

Someone was saying on Facebook a day or so ago that they've been told by the Seaton Gateway people that the venue is booked for Hawkeaster but beyond that they don't know any details yet themselves.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:50 am 

What I struggle with is that this is supposed to be the official website for the band so why are they unable to make some sort of a statement however brief.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:37 pm 

I have been in direct contact with the Gateway people, lovely folk.
Yes, they are holding the Easter dates open for the possibility of Hawkeaster, but they are keen to say that nothing is confirmed. The venue is not 'booked for HawkEaster', that is wrong, as nothing has been confirmed yet. That was the situation a few days ago. Clearly Gateway would like to host Hawkeaster again.

We will just have to wait till we hear from the band, one way or the other.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:56 pm 

:D yep hope so..saw the same on the Gateway Facebook..they're showing 'Fried Green Tomatoes' on the Thursday but usual space is there over the Easter weekend so keeping everything crossed..gotta come and give my eggs out :D !!

Guess it's pretty hectic at the moment with the new album and some big gigs coming up..I'm sure it's not a small job getting everything together for the Hawkeaster's.

All I know is that I'm lucky to be able to get to The Roundhouse though if there's something comes up in Seaton too then we'll be there too.
As a shout out to the lovely folk at The Gateway/Brock Hall..I'm lucky to have travelled all over the country watching Hawkwind, had some of the best times of my life and met some of the nicest people I'm lucky to now call friends.
The Hawkeasters have been up there with the best without a doubt..I love all the gigs but probably the gig I enjoyed the most was the Hawkfest at Garstang..the ones at Seaton match that for me.
It's a great place made by everyone there, the volunteers, the bands, Sea Shepherd, us fans..it's just wall to wall smiles all weekend.

Guess you know where I'm going with this..know it's busy, but if there's any chance of something on then there'll be a lot of happy folk and people will fill the place like we always do :D ..if not next stop Chalk Farm :D ..x

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:27 pm 

If this doesn't happen I think I'll try to get over for the Roundhouse gig but I'd still prefer Hawkeaster as the whole event works so well.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:59 pm 

:D :D :D ...YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!... :D :D :D see everyone there..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Test category 1 » Hawkwind Chat