Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: HawkEaster 2017 line-up so far.....
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:30 pm 

Kris said Hawkfest would most likely be August bank holiday weekend (to avoid clashing with Beautiful Days) in 2018. She said they've found a good location with good facilities. She wasn't going to say where it was going to be then let slip it would be somewhere round here. Jimski's post on the Hawkfest thread said Devon. Kris also said that they want to do it properly and 2017 would mean to many compromises hence next year, or something to that effect.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:44 pm 

Must admit I had a touch of melancholy as I left Seaton on Monday morning as the Hawkeasters have been truly special. The atmosphere in the venue and around the town has been amazing with the people of Seaton having made us all so welcome, not just the Easter weekend as people talked to me and Hawkeaster was mentioned a couple of times when I was in Seaton in the summer with a Hawkwind t shirt on. The spirit amongst the fans has been great as well, I have met more genuinely nice people every year.
The other bands have been brilliant and the Hawkwind/TOSH/Elves of Silbury Hill sets have been stupendous. It's been nice to see Sea Shepherd and the Hunt Sabs represented at Hawkeasters as well, to have a chat about what they do and why and buy something to support their work.
So all in all I will truly miss Hawkeaster as it has been my annual fix of Hawkwind (don't get over for the tours as it's not a cheap on the ferry) but hopefully we'll have Hawkfest 2018 for next year's fix.

Sorry to gush, I didn't meant to when I started typing this post.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:11 pm 

Location: Lost beyond the Black Hole's apparent horizon - Yorkshire
I'm disappointed that I never got to one of the Seaton HawkEasters, health issues and geography just made it impossible.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:03 am 

indeed! - a tardis would be handy!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:06 am 

It certainly would, to get there from these 'ere parts. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:17 am 

Location: Kent, UK, in an unfashionable spiral arm of the galaxy
The locals we spoke to were disappointed we were going too. On the plus side, there *may* be plans for a psychedelic weekender down there, so the door's always open.

I must be normal........

I must be normal........

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:14 pm 

sound's cool! - i remember long travels getting to leamington spa for the psychedelic sundae! - fantastic weekend and well worth the space voyage!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:36 pm 

Hawkwind could always do a virtual online gig for all the folk from countries afar. If they wanted to that is !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:27 pm 

smugdruggler wrote:Hawkwind could always do a virtual online gig for all the folk from countries afar. If they wanted to that is !

The obvious place to do something like this would be from the studio on Dave's farm but .... how good is the internet connection in darkest Devon??? I'm guessing not really up to broadband live streaming?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:33 am 

SteamAbacus wrote:
smugdruggler wrote:Hawkwind could always do a virtual online gig for all the folk from countries afar. If they wanted to that is !

The obvious place to do something like this would be from the studio on Dave's farm but .... how good is the internet connection in darkest Devon??? I'm guessing not really up to broadband live streaming?

This is Dr. Technical we're talking about here...surely they can just transmit sonic waves over the ether? :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:26 am 

Some venues do seem to do something like this, but whatever implementation there is doesn't seem well thought out. I saw the band play in Norwich (at a converted TV Studio) a few years ago on the Warrior tour and just before the band came on they told us all that we could stream the gig online - not much use for me at the venue, and a bit pointless not mentioning it until minutes before the band went on stage.

When the band played Leeds Uni Refectory a few weeks ago there were a ton of links on youtube after the event for live streaming it - might have been better to advertise beforehand perhaps, assuming it's legitimate. I'm sure they'd have a lot of takers, not just from fans abroad.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:17 am 

Many of the post event live streaming pages put up on utube are spam, click bate, type thing, run via multiple user accounts and new ones pop up as quickly as utube takes down or bans, havn't quite worked out where the profit is in these things is other than site traffic but in general got absolutely nothing to do with fans seeing a gig online.
**** with a sax utube hits were full of this, maybe it functions as advertisement's ??

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:30 am 

Seem to remember that Seaton town hall, from their website, did state they could facilitate live streaming, but whilst I appreciate those who can not get to a gig, overseas or other reason, for many artists would not this streaming be a negatative for the 'Live DVD' or live CD sales, even bums on seats ? Positives and negatives ?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:40 am 

Some bands do offer this type of feature, though the only ones I've been aware of are in the US - i.e. Phish, and whatever the Grateful Dead call themselves now (Dead and Co?). I guess the problem is it would presumably be pretty easy to do a screen capture and hey presto you have a semi professional live recording.

I recall the band did have a vague intention to put out a live recording of each tour, but that's not so far panned out. I'd very much like for them to release something from their current lineup, or the last tour. From the youtube clips it seems they even wheeled out It's So Easy at Hawkeaster, which is on my "would like to hear live" list, the other big one that springs to mind being Urban Guerilla.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:51 pm 

Location: Lost beyond the Black Hole's apparent horizon - Yorkshire
Changing the subject, did Here & Now play Allez Ali Baba?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Test category 1 » Hawkwind Chat