Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: HawkEaster 2017 line-up so far.....
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:57 pm 

Just got back home after another brilliant Hawkeaster. Thanks to everyone who helped to make it happen - especially great to see Underground Zero again.

Could someone kindly post the key points from Question Time, which I missed due to the timing changes - ta.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:06 pm 

Location: Kent, UK, in an unfashionable spiral arm of the galaxy
Shame TB couldn't be there. DB made a joke about it at Question Time and Here & Now came on and announced they were the Tim Blake cover band.

The 'house band' were outstanding. First short set included a looooong jam based on Shot Down in the Night. Cracking stuff. TOSH were excellent as ever. The first HW set was a great mix of rock tracks which pleased the crowd. The second set - unusually early at 4.15 on Sunday instead of closing - was unique.

The band came on and sat on a line of chairs (except Dibs and Rich) and we were treated to a selection of songs played virtually unplugged. The Only Ones, We took the wrong steps years ago, etc. Marvellous stuff.

Question time? I saw most of it. Lots of questions like 'Is Haz single?' brought humour. Some inside info on how the light shows are built, the rest mostly mundane stuff, but it was confirmed there's 1977 material lined up for release, subject to one person signing contracts (no, not him). There's enough for a whole album, and it dates from when they changed labels (a bit like PXR5). Cherry Red seem to be doing sterling work.

Great weekend, shame it's the last but it was confirmed they're working on a festival. The preferred date is August bank holiday, but I don't know if it'll be this year or not.

I must be normal........

I must be normal........

Last edited by Jimski on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:22 pm 

Location: Kent, UK, in an unfashionable spiral arm of the galaxy
Quick postscript - meant to add that the band were on top form. Lots of jamming, ideas bouncing about. They are on top form - as good as I've ever seen them. I thought the last tour was good but this was truly outstanding.

I must be normal........

I must be normal........

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:59 pm 

The Saturday House Band absolutely nailed it. My cup of tea. Mega Easter.

Attachments:
hw-hb-sat17-9-1-2.jpg
hw-hb-sat17-9-1-2.jpg [ 191.97 KiB | Viewed 630 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:04 pm 

The Sunday set was the best I have ever seen. Haz has made Dave younger. Magnus is a great addition. Such a good weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:52 pm 

thank's for the update folk's! - sound's like it rocked and a good time was had by all! - the roundhouse is looking good!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:42 pm 

[quote="Brown Dawn"]thank's for the update folk's! - sound's like it rocked and a good time was had by all! - the roundhouse is looking good!

Appreciate it costs a bit to fly over et al, but money well spent to catch the band right now.
I did hear a brief rumour at a bar, so only rumour, that it may be Phil Campbell and the ******* Sons doing a warm up set at the Roundhouse ????

Attachments:
Tosh -18.jpg
Tosh -18.jpg [ 154.68 KiB | Viewed 479 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:48 pm 

MPC - Kris said that it would be Phil Campbell supporting at the Roundhouse - came up during question time so more than a rumour at bar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:19 pm 

That's good news, liked their set last year and connects well with the history of the venue. That's it ,I was at the bar durring question time, it's all coming back to me now !!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:05 am 

My Roundhouse ticket arrived today. I'm really looking forward to hearing the band now Haz has had some time to 'settle in' - he really impressed me on the Machine Stops gigs but, from the sound of these comments, he's really hit his stride now. Dave and Richard have always had a good musical connection and it seems Haz has reinforced and reinvigorated the rhythm section (which, after all, has always been the 'heart' of the band's sound).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:11 am 

[quote="SteamAbacus"... Dave and Richard have always had a good musical connection and it seems Haz has reinforced and reinvigorated the rhythm section (which, after all, has always been the 'heart' of the band's sound).[/quote]

Good observation (about the role rhythm section). Now I just have to find some way to see them play...

By the look of some of the recent shots it looks like Dibs is playing a sort of Dikmik role, when not singing?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:27 am 

Yes, Dibs has used used his kind of 'twiddle station' in the past. He knows what he's doing with it. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:28 am 

good to hear all of the above folk's! - phil rock's and finger's crossed for that - seen the great motorhead a few times - i've booked everything for the roundhouse gig - i don't travel well - flying wise - booked in to arrive at gatwick on the thursday - hope to link up with like minded people - i'll be the small bloke with an irish accent! - my appetite is certainly whetted!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:33 am 

I'm not sure quite how early I'll be arriving, BD - I've not touched a drop for over twenty years so I'll not be in the pub beforehand. I'll probably have ingested a little 'something' first, though - I'll be the scruffy long-haired dude wandering about in a bit of a 'daze'. OK, that probably doesn't narrow it down much. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:49 am 

that's cool Steam -i hope to/will get a couple of pint's of guinness before the gig - to get the mind right anticipation wise! - i'd also be up for food/curry/whatever! coffee/tea or a walk/chat! - i missed the Jimsk porchester walk- i vaguely remember the area in the vicinity of the roundhouse - got a local b&b so - looking forward to the weekend!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Test category 1 » Hawkwind Chat