Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Happenings at Kamp Krankschaft
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:21 pm 

Hawfest Day -1

It's late on thursday night Dead Fred plays the piano while we torture Davemod & his lovely wife with sung call & response wikipedia based math questions...

Doesn't sound very rock n roll.. because it wasn't.

Hammering down with rain now..

more as it happens.

Post subject: Re: Happenings at Kamp Krankschaft
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:40 am 

1.30am the rain gods have been punishing us for 3 hours now.... our beautiful krankflag is destroyed... we must rebuild her..

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:17 am 

Saturday, Fred and I walked down to the site of the 1970 main stage in the afternoon, we took instruments and played our who!e set, we were joined by Haz and Dazzy and the odd passer by who we regaled with HW classics. Our playing time shifted from before HW to after, so we watched a blinder of a set from our hosts (kudos to Dibs and Niall who are really adding a massive amount of energy)

We eventually staggered onstage at about a quarter past midnight, we played a different set to the one planned and couldn't let the robot have any time, so it was a very agressive 45 mins ending with the somewhat inappropriate chorus of the bucket song at 1am... WAKE UP WAKE UP! ragged but fun..

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:03 am 

And a jolly fine set it was too!! Well done chaps - you had a tough act to folllow, but rose to the occasion - splendid (even the song to the sound man!!)

Enjoy the rest of the fest.

the
SteevPond wrote:Saturday, Fred and I walked down to the site of the 1970 main stage in the afternoon, we took instruments and played our who!e set, we were joined by Haz and Dazzy and the odd passer by who we regaled with HW classics. Our playing time shifted from before HW to after, so we watched a blinder of a set from our hosts (kudos to Dibs and Niall who are really adding a massive amount of energy)

We eventually staggered onstage at about a quarter past midnight, we played a different set to the one planned and couldn't let the robot have any time, so it was a very agressive 45 mins ending with the somewhat inappropriate chorus of the bucket song at 1am... WAKE UP WAKE UP! ragged but fun..

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:28 pm 

Thanx for the Kranky Updates!

Did the HW set differ from Leamington in any way?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:56 pm 

graham wrote:Thanx for the Kranky Updates!

Did the HW set differ from Leamington in any way?

It was very different, much longer... I can't remember specifics, but it was a set more suitedd to a festival, the whole band seemed to be enjoying it too.

Kamp Krankschaft suffered the loss of a gazebo in the wind today, we buried our ruined Krank flag at a secret sacred location and had a cool grrove to the Tribe of Cro..

TOSH tonight were excellent too. This has been a great festival, I'm almost sad to be going back to hygene and a warm bed...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:00 am 

Monday morning, the site is bathed in sunshine everyone is packing their stuff, no rubbish in sight,.

Perfect festival I'd call it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:24 pm 

Highscores: 3
Krankschaft were cut off in thier prime (again) ,but put in as much energy in 40 mins as most of the others did in an hour.Once again Steve was very nice and approachable (even in the CO-OP) and John the roadie is ace a s well.Thankyou very much for putting up with me all weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:25 pm 

Perhaps it was your early jam sesh that prompted the festival organisers to move you to the headline slot!!
Your set was great by the way.
Thankfully my car started ok on monday morning so I didn't have to ask anyone for a taxi cab number!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:48 pm 

SteevPond wrote:It's late on thursday night Dead Fred plays the piano while we torture Davemod & his lovely wife with sung call & response wikipedia based math questions...

Doesn't sound very rock n roll.. because it wasn't.

but it was bloody good fun :-)

regards

dave

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:06 pm 
always fun at the Krankschaft camp Dave ........ :D ......had some great moments jamming with Steve and Fred and Hawkonline Haz (great bass player ) ...i got to drum on the washing up bowl and big respect to the american guy who came over and whipped out a flute and danced about like a man possessed !!! :D .....magik moment on a magical site with rock n roll history..!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:01 am 

Highscores: 1
morning......aaaaaaarrrrrrrrr quilts and pillows !!! .....awsome weekend,big shouts to Dazzy and his lovely family,Jimski !!,Maddog Davis ( was a pleasure to have a good natter ),Davemod (you gotta learn the words to wikipedia says so mate) and his wife Cheryl,Haz,Thea,Chris ( im still suffering after the session saturday night,why oh why did the red wine come out lol ) and his family and all the visitors to the wonderful KampKrank.

John ( over worked cow s**t shoveller for Krankschaft !! )

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:45 am 

We enjoyed the set, ears still ringing from the previous band, especially 'Ode to the Sun' - is it recorded anywhere?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:56 am 

SteevPond wrote:, so it was a very agressive 45 mins ending with the somewhat inappropriate chorus of the bucket song at 1am... WAKE UP WAKE UP! ragged but fun..

No it was perfectly appropriate :) I was just about running out of steam and it was like a quadrouple expresso :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:10 am 

Location: Kent, UK, in an unfashionable spiral arm of the galaxy
Cheers to y'all for having such a good time and spreading the goodwill to the rest of us. Really enjoyed the company and looking forward to seeing you at the next gig/festie.

(Oh, and cheers for the advice re: the camera. It seemed to settle down through the weekend but I've yet to check the snaps.)

I must be normal........

I must be normal........

Board index » Test category 1 » Hawkfest