Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Great british exit ?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:53 am 

My guess is you won't be allowed to "exit". Like the Eagles said, you can check in but you can never check out.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:17 pm 

I wasn't being serious. It was an intentional double pun on a word.
Whatever way I look at this whole scenario it becomes more of one great big cosmic joke.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:34 pm 

never even heard of unilever until this week - never ate a pot noodle (or smoked one!) in me life and make my own mayonnaise - bye bye hopefully

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:49 pm 

Location: Lost beyond the Black Hole's apparent horizon - Yorkshire
Save our Marmite!
Pot Noodles sound like a good idea. A savoury change to happy cakes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:22 pm 

indeed - and if the naysayer's say it might be your (already) staple diet! - certainly the ripples are being over-emphasised here by an already weak government - May's autumn statement didn't seem to do much

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:53 pm 

b×ris johnso€n not very convincing on andrew marr's (good interviewer I feel - he cuts to the chase) programme this morning - not only black or white brexit apparently - the grey one seem's to be in - i would wonder which way it will go - article 50 need's to be released I feel - what leaks will the proletariat find out about next?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:42 am 

so may's leather trousers only cost a grand - lucky uk! - haughty's shirts cost me more than that when he said on national tello - 'tighten your belts' - haha!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:02 pm 

According to Tony Blair, who apparently has never left 'office' :

"I want to be explicit. Yes, the British people voted to leave Europe. And I agree the will of the people should prevail. I accept right now there is no widespread appetite to re-think. But the people voted without knowledge of the true terms of Brexit. As these terms become clear, it is their right to change their mind. Our mission is to persuade them to do so. What was unfortunately only dim in our sight before the referendum is now in plain sight. The road we're going down is not simply Hard Brexit. It is Brexit At Any Cost. I don't know if we can succeed. But I do know we will suffer a rancorous verdict from future generations if we do not try."

the people voted without knowledge of the true terms of Brexit

what does that tell you ?

it is the calling card of fascist leaders to keep citizens in the dark as to the true nature of the economic schemes which serve as chains used to bind the people in a state of virtual enslavement.

By 1950 the European Coal and Steel Industry had already begun to unite European countries economically and politically as a way to supposedly
"secure lasting peace". Mind you, it was the industrial economic interests which sowed the seeds, not political ones, in an effort toward a stated objective of forging political restructuring. When one looks at it this way, the aim of securing lasting peace almost sounds like a thinly veiled threat ~ " unite ~ or else " as if the only way we're not going to wage war amongst one another is if we are all one politically ~ complete rubbish if you ask me.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:09 pm 

blair was an imperialist - 'this country' is divided - get on with it and give us a 'hard border' here soon ! - some cr#p!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:33 pm 

why are nations and borders set up in the first place ?

And whose bright spark of an idea is it to dissolve borders, national sovereignty?

Is it not a fair question to ask:

Who, exactly, benefits most from a global paradigm in which peoples of all nations do not have the right to decide how and when they will protect their culture, economy, society, and people from foreign influence, whether that influence is in the form of economic control or radicalised coerciveness?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:37 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:16 pm 

Xenophobia seems to be an issue as it relates to East-West Europe/Middle-East/Asia cultural diversity ~ e.g. different languages, different political systems, non-recognition of church/state separation in some cases, fundamentalism ~ as opposed to North American culture. With the exception of a small minority here who I would call xenophobes, the vast majority are happy to live in a multi-heritage North American culture - not the same thing as multi-cultural forced integration where incompatible systems constantly clash, where Sharia-law zones are set up and enforced within sovereign territories where those sub-culture laws violate or run in contradiction the to laws of the sovereign.

Here, you have democracy (for better or worse) nonetheless the principles of constitutional law are abided by all, government does not pass laws regarding religious establishment.

If Earth is to have a one-government solution, how does that work, exactly, in a democratic framework when not all people on Earth believe in democracy?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:51 pm 

these questions clearly have implications which go far, far beyond the immediate scope of Brexit, but which are very much relevant nonetheless.

In a world that is on a population-doubling trajectory and gearing up to see 90% of all work performed by humans taken over by artificial intelligence and automation, we'd be wise to be asking such questions, what is more ~ answering them.

Economics are soon to be a thing of the past. If a ruling class of ultra-rich have all the power they need, and machines to manage resources, then monetary incentive becomes obsolete, just before the billions of the world's population become obsolete, without which, the problems of war, disease, famine, poverty, civil and political unrest ~ virtually all of the struggles facing the world today ~ disappear.

The topic of incentive should be on the lips of every person afforded the luxury of participation in democratic government at this point in time.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:23 am 

indeed - 'irish stew' might become 'global stew'! - i think the advent of asian food type shops here is a good thing from the point of view of being able to buy particular ingredients and spices which are fresh and take supermarkets out of the equation - but it's not overload - the nice thing about going on holidays is to see different cultures and 'doing what the locals do' - peaceful diversity is a good thing!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:00 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Board index » Test category 1 » Any Other Business