Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Good Things....Bad Things
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:20 pm 

Amongst the Good Things:

Hawkwind's own set on Saturday night - obviously!

Girlschool

Tarantism

Familiar Looking Strangers

Roundhouse

Here and Now

Malinkey's Travelling Bar and Food Emporium

NO green chairs whatsoever!

Hugh Lloyd Langton Band

Captain Rizz and Hot Steppers

Tribe Of Cro

Dick Taylor and the Hillmans

Friendly Security Staff

Flutatious

Headjam

T.O.S.H.

The Homemade Cake Tent

The bar.

Bad things:

Missing Krankshaft on account of being totally knackered after Hawkwind's set.

Leaf Hound not being all that.

The hoody brigade that turned up at the start of Hugh's set then stood absolutely motionless in front of the stage for the whole time. Two questions: Where did they come from? Did someone nail them down?

erm.... nothing else at all!

Thanks and love to all involved - espeacially Tarantism.

Post subject: Re: Good Things....Bad Things
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:30 pm 

....oh and Starfighters - missed them off the 'good' list!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:06 pm 

Hawkwind's own set on Saturday night

Girlschool ( Still looking good ;-) )

Tarantism ( Blinding, the steam coming of the bass players head with all his enthusiasm showed how much was put in)

Familiar Looking Strangers ( These guys are just fantastic What a voice the lead singer has)

Roundhouse (They did really well, flawless)

Nanobots (Yet again they rocked, so glad they were invited back. Just wish they were a little more local so I could see more of them, if only to keep Robot 7 quiet)

Mr Quimbys Beard ( Even with the gremlins on the keyboards it still sounded great to me)

The Veggie Restaurant ( Veggie burgers Yummmm)

The Coffee shop ( all that entertainment for £1.80 )

Hugh Lloyd Langton Band ( Hugh is looking so much better and they sounded superb )

Tribe Of Cro (Only managed to get to see the last half bit and was cursing missing the first)

Friendly Security Staff ( 10 out of 10 )

T.O.S.H. ( WOW !!!!!!!!!!!! )

Krankschaft ( Difficult act to follow the mighty Hawks but they did it. WAKE UP WAKE UP!)

The Homemade Cake Tent (More yummm)

Kolakoca ( Well deserved Oncore)

The loos were MUCH better this year.

ALL the people.

Bad bits.

Missing Gaia, Welcome to the Machine, AOS3, Hot steppers and all the other bands.

Having to go home.

Having someone smash the headlight of my car with a big flint :-(

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:39 pm 

Isleofwight wrote:Having someone smash the headlight of my car with a big flint :-(

Why would anyone do that!!!???

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:48 pm 

No idea :-( Was on Sunday afternoon went out to pick up some stuff, all fine on return. Went back 3 hours later to find the smashed lamp and a flint next to the car, that matched the impact cracks. I was told there was some kids mooching about. Not any of of Hawkfest people or kids I am sure. Just isnt part of what happens. I recon it was the 10% of 4rseholes on the IOW that Kris mentioned :-)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:23 pm 

Isleofwight wrote:No idea :-( Was on Sunday afternoon went out to pick up some stuff, all fine on return. Went back 3 hours later to find the smashed lamp and a flint next to the car, that matched the impact cracks. I was told there was some kids mooching about. Not any of of Hawkfest people or kids I am sure. Just isnt part of what happens. I recon it was the 10% of 4rseholes on the IOW that Kris mentioned :-)

I don't think she meant 10% of IOW people who were at the festival, more council bods and such like. And yes I am from the Island.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:36 pm 

tallula wrote:
Isleofwight wrote:No idea :-( Was on Sunday afternoon went out to pick up some stuff, all fine on return. Went back 3 hours later to find the smashed lamp and a flint next to the car, that matched the impact cracks. I was told there was some kids mooching about. Not any of of Hawkfest people or kids I am sure. Just isnt part of what happens. I recon it was the 10% of 4rseholes on the IOW that Kris mentioned :-)

I don't think she meant 10% of IOW people who were at the festival, more council bods and such like. And yes I am from the Island.

Should have put "one" of the 10% she mentioned. No way it was anyone from our site IOW residents or not. What part are you from Tallula? Was it you I was having the conversation with about watching the IOW festival from the other side of the river?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:04 pm 

Good things

The whole experience (my first Hawkfest).
Friendly relaxing atmosphere.
Seeing Hawkwind live again as it is probably 25 years since I last saw them.
Getting to listen to bands that I wouldn't normally come across.
Meeting John and Aileen who really made the weekend for both me and the wife (thanks for the wonderfull company and we will definately keep in touch).
TOSH, which totally blew me away with their performance and to me was on par with Space Ritual.
The wife actually enjoyed it as well.

Bad Things

TOSH set was far to short and they should have played a 3 hour set (at least).
Missed Krankshaft as we were totally knackered by then.
Didn't bother to take a foldup chair (my legs were killing me).

Lets pray for a Hawkfest 2011.

Last edited by HighRise on Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:10 pm 

Headjam were fantastic ! Nope. no bad things for me allthough Andrea was cold in the wind and the strobes got her during Angels of Death :o and it's a good job i followed her out! She stayed near the entrance as i boggied away :lol: An awesome set!!! Andrea said it was the most mental set in the 10 years we've been Seeing Hawkwind together! :P The best fest ever!!!! :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:12 pm 

Good things:
The whole festival with lots of great bands
Meeting all the people, known and unknown.
Great food----Veggie burger, Chili, good cookies

Bad things:
missed Huw Lloyd Langton :(
Cold windy nights.....

But, after all a really great weekend 8) :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:25 am 

Good. The lovely people who go to Hawkfest, the atmosphere, Tribe of Cro, Tarantism, Prime Sinister, Flutatious, the nice weather on Saturday, the local beach and the lack of rain. The sunsets and the moon. The childrens tent.

Bad. Missing AOS3 as it was past my bedtime. Wanted to support the bar but at £2 for half a pint, I limited myself to a pint a day. Didn't sleep well the first night due to the sound system playing across the campsite. Woken up at 3am by some really loud, frenzied, circusy dance beats vibrating thought my tent, and together with the floodlights which meant I couldn't tell if it was night or day, I felt pretty shitty. Spending the next day at the beach was the best medicine. Go on do tell me it's a rock festival, what should I expect?.....I already know, I'm just getting old and didn't really expect that as other years it's been mellow at night time.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:57 am 

Good things - The whole festival and those who attended.

Bad things - Time went so quickly. If space and time go hand in hand who said that it is so endless?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:09 pm 

Hawkonline wrote:
Zero The Hero wrote:Amongst the Good Things:

The hoody brigade that turned up at the start of Hugh's set then stood absolutely motionless in front of the stage for the whole time. Two questions: Where did they come from? Did someone nail them down?

I wasn't a member of any brigade, but I did watch all of Huwie's set in a hoodie at the front, as did many people, perhaps 'cos it was f*cking freezing?! :?

I suspect that you're not one of the guys to which I was referring.

These were young chaps, around 17 or 18 I would have thought, and I'd not seen them throughout the rest of the weekend.

Apologies if you are indeed a young chap of 17 or 18!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:58 pm 

[/quote]

Should have put "one" of the 10% she mentioned. No way it was anyone from our site IOW residents or not. What part are you from Tallula? Was it you I was having the conversation with about watching the IOW festival from the other side of the river?[/quote]

I'm from Freshwater,just down the road. No that wasn't me chatting to you although I may have over the weekend! I had ribbons in my hair and was with the group of guys wearing suits on the Saturday night.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:10 pm 

The good things,
All the lovely friendly people I met.
The bands I managed to see, especially Hawkwind,fantastic set.
Beautiful site.
Friendly helpful security.
The lovely cake stall.

The not so good,
Would have been good to have more toilets at the far end of the campsite.
More food stalls I'm afraid my kids didn't fancy much, chips would've been good.
Clearer signs as to where we could park our van.We were told "Turn left, anywhere down there" Then an hour later when awning up and the beers out being told to move.

Please take these as constructive comments we loved it. Can you come back next year?

Board index » Test category 1 » Hawkfest