Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Re: Good Things....Bad Things
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:18 pm 

Am from Yarmouth myself...

The 'hoodies' in question were a small group of West Wight kids (about 15 of them from what I saw - and yes, aged from about 17 - 25). I asked one of them what they were doing there and he said...

'There's no security on the Afton Down side, we just walked in from the footpath. This is awesome, I never knew how good they were, we're all blown away by the music'

I left it there as they weren't causing any trouble - but I can sympathise with anyone who noticed them and felt uncomfortable - it was 'gate-crashing' - and it shouldn't have happened - but isn't that what Hawkwind did in 1970? I'd say that little 'hoodie brigade' are all now downloading Hawkwind albums lol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:43 pm 

Good Things: Everything already mentioned

Bad Things: I was playing with someones glowing juggling balls and managed to drop one in my pint - perfect shot *splash*

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:20 pm 

good things .....most bands i saw were blinding .....especially Hawkwind....Tosh..here and now .....krankschaft....spirits of the earth ...tarrantism...huwie.....tribe of cro ....real festy bands ............main highlights were jamming with Steve Pond and Dead Fred and Haz in the spot were the original stage was ....Jimski and ashman 1ooyrds away flying a giant kite which added to the mix......fantastic..overall....Dave and Dibbs and Niall coming over to the teepee and having pics taken with my family .....Thanx for the Garlic Dave ..............Matthew Wright is a legend ...we held the ferry up on the way back ..almost ..... Kev Taltys space cookies ...wow!!! everyone i met were top company
Thanx to you all .....too ..................big shouts to the team that got it together ,,cant be easy ....all the forum members i met ...jimski ,ashman ..maddog (yes he really is mad ) Davis ..Jonnim ....witchwood ..isle of white ..Si deards and arab Neil..Thea..Moodyarse...Bertnugget ...Bev n Ste ....PER and wenche.(capt spacelord)...Huw and Alan ..you were great as usual ...Haz.(hawkonline ...top bass twanger )Mick Stupp..(top drummer )...Kosmik Andy (legend)...Rich (Roger the shrubber ).....Steve Pond (the mighty Krankschaft .......the pixie crew for keeping the kids happy for hours on end .......dave mod ..and cheryl......the lovely Eve for setting tipis up at three in the morning ....Mary Greenacre and clare Chris and Rachel and their lovely kids ........Magda and griff from holand ...always see them at the hawk gigs ....Jim Dread for being a legend ...Steve Bemand ..opened up for tosh and it was mind expanding to say the least ,,,,perfect setting ...great weather and all these peope made it happen ....Rock n roll.. :D :D.......what a perfect way to round of 40 years of hawkwind ................if i forgot anyone then im sorry ,,,,thats hawkfests for you ..... :wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:12 pm 

Good: reading that Magda & Griff had a great time with Dazzy :D

Bad: couldn't make it to HawkFest this time... :(

Worst: everybody's pictures I can't see on Facebook ! :o

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:41 pm 

£4 a pint was ridiculous - shame on you for that :(

Am happy to support the bar - but at those prices, did you think all people on site needed ripping off?

Brings me to the t-shirt I bought...

off-centre print - another green fluoro smudge on the side - I got ripped off with a 2nd
- meh - only found out when I got home and looked at it properly - so thanks to the fluro t-shirt stall for ripping me off with an unwearable t-shirt - wanker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:24 pm 

I thought it all reasonable. £3.50 a pint when you pay only a little less in a Pub and the Cosmic Ale was lovely. £1.80 for a proper coffee is a bargain, even if it did take a while but the wait was one of the entertainment highlights ;-) £2 for a fresh pie, 20p more than in Newport and I didn't have to drive 10 miles. £3.50 for a great tasting Veggie Burger, still pretty reasonable considering. Cakes from 50p "amazing cakes amazing value" Malinkys was a bit pricey at £5 a burger but that seems to be usual "event" prices these days

Just Noticed you had the cosmic ale in your bad list Hawkonline. Did you really not like it? I think I liked it too much on Saturday :wink:

Last edited by Isleofwight on Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:26 pm 

Squaffy wrote:£4 a pint was ridiculous - shame on you for that :(

Am happy to support the bar - but at those prices, did you think all people on site needed ripping off?

off-centre print - another green fluoro smudge on the side - I got ripped off with a 2nd
- meh - only found out when I got home and looked at it properly - so thanks to the fluro t-shirt stall for ripping me off with an unwearable t-shirt - wanker

Have to agree about that stall, I bought 2 necklaces to take home as gifts for my girlfriend and mam. One of them had an inset crystal, which falls out constantly, and the other, is actually just half a pendant, which has clearly snapped, and whatever gem or crystal that should be in there (judging by the shape and grooves) isn't there. I was rather spaced at the time of buying them, so partly my fault for not being able to see clearly, but then again, they shouldn't have been on sale as they were such poorly crafted items.
This was the only bad point for me in what was otherwise an excellent weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:31 pm 

anyone put us in touch with that stall owner?

I'd like to swap my t-shirt for a proper one that isn't broken

As would the person above me for the broken stuff they bought

It's not on tbh - we want what we paid for

I know he does Tribe of Frog in Bristol, but I'd hate to send the Brizzle weirdos after him for a refund

Surely this guy was known to even BE on site - so why rip off Hawkwind fans with factory 2nd's???????????????????????????

Am really pissed off about the t-shirt as I VJ at alot of places with UV and that green smudge fucks it up - ggrrr!

Seems the guy was just giving broken stuff out to space heads :(

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:48 pm 

That stall holder short changed me by two quid. I was pretty sure and my kids were adamant he did, but I was having such a great time I didn't want to drag it down with an argument. So let it go and forgot about it until I saw your posts.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:48 pm 

Squaffy wrote:Am from Yarmouth myself...

The 'hoodies' in question were a small group of West Wight kids (about 15 of them from what I saw - and yes, aged from about 17 - 25). I asked one of them what they were doing there and he said...

'There's no security on the Afton Down side, we just walked in from the footpath. This is awesome, I never knew how good they were, we're all blown away by the music'

I left it there as they weren't causing any trouble - but I can sympathise with anyone who noticed them and felt uncomfortable - it was 'gate-crashing' - and it shouldn't have happened - but isn't that what Hawkwind did in 1970? I'd say that little 'hoodie brigade' are all now downloading Hawkwind albums lol

OK that clears that up then. Hopefully some converts.

Still like to know who nailed them down though! :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:05 pm 

Zero The Hero wrote:Still like to know who nailed them down though! :)

As far as I know - 2 of their Dad's were there, and I was, so they knew some local faces and were behaving cos we'd have thrown them out if they put a foot wrong - prolly why they were standing still :)

Was prolly the funny sweets with added extras though and they were on a massive come-up all night = bless 'em - no chavs in hoodies on the corner shop since - mission accomplished

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:41 pm 

I wasn't gonna say, but I will....

I got spiked with LSD

it was horrid - I was just about to go home and I realised I was coming up becauae I was drinking Tequila in the funny bar, talking about 6 pots in Bedford trucks and lambournes

After finding myself in many strange places

I eventually made it home

Spiking someone who's already had a heart attack and stents put in is a really horrid thing to do - fortunately I handled it - my Golden retriever went ballistic when I got home and sat on my duvet in bed to make sure I was OK lol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:49 pm 

Not sure if it's been said elsewhere, but I thought that the sound on both stages was absolutely first rate, and definitely better than previous Hawkfests, so Mr. Fleece can stick THAT up his over-amplified bottom !! :P

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:04 pm 

Squaffy wrote:£4 a pint was ridiculous - shame on you for that :(

That guy at the stall was a little "strange". He promised my kids free glow sticks if they came back later then denied all knowledge and tried to charge me £5.00 for 2! My boyfriend wanted a particular t-shirt but luckily I noticed 2 smudges on the front so we brought a different one after checking it over. Thought they were a bit pricey too, but wanted it for a present. Sorry you got ripped off hope you catch up with him for a refund/exchange.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:31 pm 

Good things: Everything was good

Bad things: The freezing wind at night, am with a cold, sneezing and coughing :roll:
Thanks to Will358 for lending me a coat

Nothing remain the same...

Board index » Test category 1 » Hawkfest