Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Germany / Loreley: July 16, 2016 / Night of the Prog
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:01 pm 

WTF...finally, after 11 years Hawkwind decide to do a gig in Germany again...and they are headlining the Saturday, (a 3 day festival)...can you believe it!!!
Same venue as in 2005, open air, beautiful location, a fine selection of bands on the day...but with all probability this will be the last time I get to see them...let's hope it's a cracker...:D

Post subject: Re: Germany / Loreley: July 16, 2016 / Night of the Prog
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:58 am 

Man, this band is on fire... What a powerful and amazing gig. 'Spirit of the Age' ruled!
And it was good to see Tim on stage with the band.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:27 am 

Great to hear that you enjoyed it - can you give any further info?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:44 pm 

Hawkwind played for about 105 minutes. Setlist was pretty similar to St Albans. Not sure anymore about the exact song order but it was the great mix of "The Machine Stops" songs (incl "Harmonic Hall") and classics such as "Utopia", "Orgone Accumulator", "The Watcher", "Assault & Battery / Golden Void" and "Shot Down in the Night". Many and also some of the new stuff had a lot of jaming with Haz, Dave and Tim. Encores were "Spirit of the Age" and "Assassins of Allah".

Tim was with the band so they were six on stage. Everyone was in fine form. The sound was fantastic and the new songs really got to another level with the live power and sound. The venue / stage was huge and most of the festival crowd seemed pretty engaged.

A wonderful night with Hawkwind at a new peak. Thank you, Hawkwind, for coming to Germany.

Last edited by Spaceman3 on Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:28 am 

Niall, Dibs, Richard, Haz, Tim and Dave - who was the seventh member - Fred?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:44 am 

Good catch. Actually, they were 6. Counting can be difficult sometimes. Sorry, guys!

(So I edited my mistake. Too embarrassing...)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:22 pm 

^ we'll pretend we didn't see the mistake, then :D

Nice vid on youtube of Shot Down - there's a bit of recording overload, especially when the electronics kick in, but so what.

To my mind, this is the sort of kick-*** Hawkwind that they've often neglected to do since 1981. It's about bloody time, to be honest.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:43 pm 

Assassins of Allah (Hassan i Sahba)

Just my luck... I decided in 2015 not to bother seeing them in 2016, and then they start to get their act together. Grrr. Oh, well. I'll start putting some money aside for late 2016 then, and hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:22 pm 

I didn't enjoy seeing the band the previous time I saw them to this year. In what must be I guess September 2014. the sound was iffy, muddy, the dancers worse, etc.

They played nowhere near me last year, and presented with three dates of the spring tour this year, I read that the band were improved. I settled on the final gig of the three nearby in that it was closest. With the benefit of hindsight I'd have sodded the finances and the complaints of the other half and seen all three gigs. Seriously, this lineup is kicking some arse big time. Not to be missed.

Board index » Test category 1 » Tours Past & Present