Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Forum censorship
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:33 pm 
I just noticed that a thread I'd put up about Nik Turner's saxes has been seemingly deleted.

We all might have noticed there's a thread about Dave Brock's guitars on Hawkwind Chat. I put up a thread about the audio generator setups used by Dik Mik and Del Dettmar last year. I could have put up one about Lemmy's basses, of course. I dare say there'd be no negative responses.

Of course, put up a thread which has a picture of Nik Turner in it and there will be howls. So really, some comments here are not about Nik Turner's saxes but Nik himself.

All bands have fall outs, disagreements and internal politics. Especially true in a band which has been around since 1969. If you pop onto Tim Blake's website, Tim he do say that he was some kind of founder member of Hawkwind and helped shaped the sound of the band. Which is a bit interesting. If I put up a post about his Crystal Machine, there'd be no negative comments, of course.

Let's separate the history from the people and equipment. I am not going political here as I'm frankly bored of internal Hawkwind politics and who did what.

I will say this: a forum where you can't discuss former members of Hawkwind without people running around shrieking and deleted threads being deleted is equivalent to political enemies of Stalin being airbrushed out of photos.

And it's not for me.

Post subject: Re: Forum censorship
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:58 pm 

Yes, I am going to agree with you here Davesax.

Whether or not I or anyone else takes an opportunity to express a dislike for the artistic contributions of a certain former band member, be it off or on topic,
censorship of open and honest discussions is a bad match on a so-called 'free forum'.

Trying to see it from the viewpoint of the forum administrator ~ perhaps it was felt that in light of the personal threats that have been alleged and possibly documented on social media, any negative commentary about the artistic contributions of a certain former band member is best avoided.

I won't ever mention that person by name or make reference to him directly again.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:02 pm 
Well, I am quite honestly disgusted.

Big Brother time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:16 pm 

We may not have seen the last post to go up, so there may have been an escalation of negative sentiment that we're not aware of ~ which begs the question : why not just delete the offending comment(s) ?

Well it may have just been a rash, impulsive move but hey it's gone now.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:19 pm 

Davesax1965. Making unfounded allegations about death threats are not allowed and not legal on this site. If you do it again you will be banned.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » Test category 1 » Any Other Business