Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: False Alarm - Shoot me before I multiply
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:54 pm 

Just saw them at a record shop (2 copies) says 'Esoteric' 2017, but I can't seem to find it on the web, and no one here has mentioned it.

Just wondering if it is legit, or some (very) professional-looking knock off. I'm not about to cough up the bread if they are bootlegs.

I wish I'd looked up the barcode number when I was there. they were virtually indistinguishable (on the packaging) from any legit Esoteric release, at least by first glance.

Last edited by vikmarlo on Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Spaced Out in London 2017 CD Reissue ?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:29 pm 

Hope it is coming out. I missed it the first time round

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:55 pm 

Yes, me too ~ though I am highly suspicious of these CDs as I am still unable to find any mention of a reissue anywhere and they are already in the bin at this one store.

The timing is shady too.

If this thread gets tanked by the moderators, that would be a definitive answer to the question !

(perhaps Mike Coleman will drop in and shed some light on this...he's been curiously quiet here lately)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:42 pm 

great album - if memory serves - i bought it in the ambassador cinema in dublin 2001/2002? - the original- huw had legionnaires that night - he sat down - he rocked! - indeed Mike is dormant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:09 pm 

A reissue would be good. A 2XCD with Hawkwind 1997 on the second CD would fly off the shelves. Plently of people missed out on that one too.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:31 pm 

Definitely doesn't sound legit!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:17 pm 

I am settled on it's status as illegal bootleg.

What is disturbing is that it is in a shop that does not deal in unauthorised releases. As I mentioned it is the most professional-looking bootleg (from the outside)*
I've seen, so much that I almost bought it without question, except that I was surprised I'd not heard it was coming out and decided to check. Glad I did.

I have my suspicion as to who might be behind it.

*not only bootlegged, but counterfeit,,e.g.
copied trademark of Esoteric label

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:31 am 

This release does not appear to exist on the internets, which is odd. Very strange that it would have an Esoteric label, whey change it from the original Voiceprint/Hawkwind records, why bother if it's a counterfeit? Interesting that this only seems to have been spotted in the states...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:50 pm 

It can only be a bad thing if they start turning up everywhere and appear on the web ~ best case scenario would be it was just a scarce-copies\ local occurrence.

The cover was not the original artwork, it had a light background. As for the counterfeit label,
[ my guess would be ] whoever made it wanted shoppers to think it had gotten a first-rate remastering from the Cherry Red people, which was my reflex reaction on the day ~ I was nanoseconds away from rushing to POS.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:42 am 

Well, I am happy to announce that I have good news, and a...erm...
well, slightly embarrassing admission. Call it the stress of the times + visual media\internet overload of my aging brain, but I was wrong about these discs.

It is NOT, I repeat NOT Spaced Out In London...

The two CDs I spotted ARE in fact
Out Of The Shadows
(both this release and the one I had it confused with, of course, featuring Arthur Brown)

Furthermore, they are on Secret record label.

I did my online check after having left the shop that day, and somehow by the time I got to my car, the only two things that stuck in my feeble mind were the name Arthur Brown, and the word 'Out' in the title !
:oops:

Geez ~ you know you're getting old when the noodle goes soft !

So the good news is:
no counterfeit S.O.I.L. to speak of !
;-)

Think I need another vacation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:53 am 

Fake news, So sad. :wink: :lol:

Post subject: Re: False Alarm - Shoot me before I multiply
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:54 am 

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:00 am 

Is that the album with the Rodney Matthews cover - the alien rock band one? I used to have that poster on my bedroom wall as a boy.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:23 am 

Yes. That is the one !

My friend who works at the record shop is holding the last copy for me ~ I'm going there to scoop it up tomorrow !
:-)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:15 am 

:?
Hmmm... may have to drop by the clinic and see what gives ~ in addition to having a head like a sieve, I may also have a bizarre form of dyslexia.

It just dawned on me that if you rearrange the letters in 'Esoteric', it spells 'Secret, Oi ' !!

:shock:

Board index » Test category 1 » Albums + DVD\'s Videos etc