Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Euro elections
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:54 pm 

This is getting closer - and getting weirder, with the EU stepping up its programme of paid propagandists posing as individuals and independent small organisations. This has been going on for quite a while, but it's just stepped up a gear.

I wonder what other people think about all this? Hopefully we can have balanced and rational discourse without problems. I think on tbis forum that should be possible.

My own stance is that I intend to vote for UKIP unless something drastic and unforseen happens.

I really don't like many aspects of UKIP - Nigel Farage's Thatcherite stock exchange background, for one. Fracking, for another.

But all the other parties are right wing, including Labour, and they all seem to want fracking.

Labour didn't even oppose zero hours contracts until a week after UKIP did, which I think is shocking. UKIP are driving the political agenda, in many respects for the better.

All the other parties seem to be able to say against UKIP is that they're `racist.' To my mind it isn't racist to want to take proper control of your own borders. Is Australia racist, or New Zealand, or for that matter virtually every country outside the EU?

On the other hand, EU immigration policy strikes me as racist. We're forced to give preference to white Europeans just because they happen to come from within the EU empire, instead of assessing people on merit regardless of colour or country of origin, as we would if we had proper border controls.

I'd really prefer to vote for the NHAparty (National Health Action party), but they're a bunch of clueless idiots with no coherent policy or strategy, who think they can somehow change the entire course of the EU if they can get one candidate elected as an MEP. They clearly couldn't achieve their aim if every British MEP was from their party. And their pathetic crowing over their `celebrity' member, Rufus Hound, is - well - pathetic. First, a celebrity is supposed to be someone people have actually heard of, and second, they have to have some kind of genuine quality in themselves., I would have thought.

With the EU empire threatening the borders of Russia this whole thing is even more frightening than it was a short time ago. But it's bad enough, I think, in other areas even without that. Still, a vote for UKIP is a vote for British neutrality, and until the EU destroys itself, as all empires do, that may well be the course we need to take.

I say all this having been a pro-EU LibDem in the past. But that was before the LibDems ceased to be either liberal or democratic, and when the EU was reasonably stable and sensible. For a decade or more now that hasn't been the case.

What do other people think?

Owen Paterson: "I didn't move the goalposts. The badgers moved the goalposts." But the badgers never thought it was a fair game in the first place.

Post subject: Re: Euro elections
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:14 am 

don't know the British/3 countries involved and the indiginous stuff at the moment with the European elections - i'll spoil me vote again (eire) which 'they' tried to take away here. (electronic voting) -adams arrest just after his party polling here was tactical - labour here are totally right wing -theocracy - local elections on the way - nothing worse than a coalition - just turn the escapism measures up - love! ( maybe just spoil your vote- but make sure to vote)

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:19 am 

I'd endorse that - if you don't vote, turn up and spoil your paper. It removes the excuse that people are too lazy to vote for the existing parties, and it also puts out a message that people would vote for someone decent if there was anyone.

Owen Paterson: "I didn't move the goalposts. The badgers moved the goalposts." But the badgers never thought it was a fair game in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:44 am 

????????????????????????????THINKONLYOFYOURSELF???????????????????????????????????????????

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 2:28 pm 

yeah - i do vote meself and normally spoil it as there's nobody to vote for main party wise - i have given some independants a vote over the years (they try and help locals) but rarely win - proportional representation (which we have here) can be camoflauged by statistics - costituencies and that type of thing (jobs for the family) - and not just the countrywide number of votes are publisiced- pension levels are incredible (both as a politician who normally retains their previous pension) - it's nonsence given the 'austerity' people are living (and dying) through

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:01 pm 

Sweep wrote:...I say all this having been a pro-EU LibDem in the past. But that was before the LibDems ceased to be either liberal or democratic, and when the EU was reasonably stable and sensible. For a decade or more now that hasn't been the case.

Yep, me also / I agree.

I'll be voting UKIP, so no change there. I only spoil my paper when there's no acceptable candidate or when the election's plain rubbish (as with that Police Commissioner one).

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:48 pm 

i thought Tony Benn was good over there - seemed to me he done his best - maybe only media - borris undigestible

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:50 pm 

Location: Lost beyond the Black Hole's apparent horizon - Yorkshire
No one party represents my views, party politics is an abuse of the act of representation. A parliament of independents would be democracy. I'll vote Loony if they have a candidate. If not a tactical vote for UKIP

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:49 am 

heh today was ohio's state primary election
I have been engaged in a twitter war with our area state senator over robo calling
today two of his volunteers were told to leave two polling places by the police for
breaking election laws.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:22 am 

Utterly mystified by the above post, I now see "robo-calling" means pre-recorded stuff phoned out by candidates. Perhaps it needs a "press 1 to continue listening or press 2 to tell the candidate he's a tosser" option.

Which reminds me... yep, I respected Tony Benn - as much of a 'conviction politician' as Thatcher. And I often liked watching him, especially at Party Conference time, many years ago now.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 6:31 pm 

so the liar alan shatter (minister for 'justice' ) has resigned. - funny it happens in front of the euro elections - bold boy

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:49 am 

Well, the paid undercover pro-EU propagandists now seem to be out in force on Twitter. I expect they must be active elsewhere. One forgot himself yesterday and said I'd have a different view if I knew how the EU works from the inside.

The general method seems to be to find someone silly who supports UKIP, rile them and get a response, then keep re-tweeting that while ignoring anyone else who says anything challenging or rational. It's very much like a children's playground, and says a lot about the level the EU is on. They love to shout `racist' at people. If only they'd find some real racists and challenge them, they might do some good. They could start with the East European racism I've been unfortunate enough to encounter, but that would subvert their whole propaganda mission.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:57 am 

we have local elections here too - multipy nonsense by 2! - as regatds the racist stuff - (small story) seen a 'dark' footballer getting a banana thrown at him on the pitch recently - he bent down, peeled it and ate it - it was a great anti racist gesture - really said more than a thousand words - thank god there's still space rock!

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:49 am 

I find it shocking there's still racism like that, and it's good to see someone able to subvert it.

One of my concerns is that the massive and unmanageable influx of East Europeans into Britain may undo all the progress we've made against racism. With the pro-EU lobby using `racist' as a cheap jibe, it loses its real value. And the East Europeans, by and large, are the most racist people I've ever encountered. When I worked in a company with a large number of them they had a Slovakian foreman who was clearly prejudiced against black and Asian people as well as white British people. It's the only time I've had to stand up to support black people in this country and in my own workplace.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:18 pm 

we have local elections here too - multipy nonsense by 2! - as regatds the racist stuff - (small story) seen a 'dark' footballer getting a banana thrown at him on the pitch recently - he bent down, peeled it and ate it - it was a great anti racist gesture - really said more than a thousand words - thank god there's still space rock!

YES ^

Board index » Test category 1 » Any Other Business