Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Euro elections
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 6:45 pm 

Location: Lost beyond the Black Hole's apparent horizon - Yorkshire
Would have been far more impressive if they'd wheelied in and bunnyhopped up the steps! Even at my age I can still do that! And ride backwards.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 8:53 pm 

I must admit I find all this pro UKIP talk really worrying.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 8:57 pm 

The wonderful Mr J C C agrees (suprisingly) with Farage...approx. 6mins in -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ3O8RE_kcA

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:31 pm 

I got fleas wrote:I must admit I find all this pro UKIP talk really worrying.

In 2015, during the First Past the Post election for the next UK government, I daresay things'll be more or less back to normal by then - three party politics and no Proportional Representation.

Now, that's a thought that I find worrying! But that's another story for another forum thread, I suppose...

Edit / PS:

When you look back through the thread, it seems the voting tally is only TWO in favour of UKIP so far... but there's around 10 hours to go, yet, so Nigel had better pull his finger out.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 1:11 am 

Highscores: 1
I have not posting for a while. but I would like to express my opinion about UKIP. I am an British guy living in Munich, Germany. I work, I pay my taxes (lots), and I speak bad German. I have lived here for ten years.

I am not German, I am British I will never be German. Which is akin to those from different backgrounds and cultures, that live in the UK. Holding on to your cultural identity is not a bad thing. It doesnt mean you hate the country you are living in.

The freedom of movement for people across the EU is important. I have worked for three big German companies, since I have been here, all without once even showing any paper work.

Zee Germans are not controlling you. Its you fools that are. Simple facts...

1. We have no **** head health and safety fools in Germany. Britian does.
2. We have no pedo behind the tree in Germany. Britian does.
3. We dont translate, every bit of paperwork into twenty languages. Its German only. But Britian does??
4. We dont label bottles of wine, with danger notices. Britian does.
5. You can drive unlimited speeds here on the autobahn. Oh no, not in Britian. 70mph. Joke?
6. We dont tell you want to eat, incase you get fat. FFS. No one cares in Germany want you eat.
7. Police in UK, wont even arrest a bunch of *** slave pedos in Rochdale, for fear of offending. In Germany they would have shot them dead.
8. In Britian, the riots were caused by some black guy with a gun in his car!! And those racist police shot him dead. In Germany, gun in car and your shot dead.
9. In Britian the liberal Guardian readers, debate that knife crime in london, isnt an ethnic problem. No No, its, nothing to do with black boys. In Germany, knife in pocket, and your on the floor, gun against your head. Actually better not say black. Or the British thought police will come for me.
10. In Britian no one can afford **** all. Its like everyone is dumbing everyone down. Hey mate, your lucky to work for 6.31 an hour, attitude and you better save for 50 years, to put a deposit down on a house, which mate doubles in price every year. What a joke. Banks here are desperate to lend money at half the interest than the UK, but noone plays the mugs game. Better to rent. Very few people in Germany have any credit. But strangely Germans earn twice, what people do in the UK.
11. The NHS is a pile of **** in the UK. We pay health insurance and have twice, at least the quality, of care and service.
12. In the UK, you cant walk around any city center on a Friday night, without vomit, drunks, smashed glass, and police to scared to do anything. In Germany, the water cannon comes out, and it does happen.
13. In Britian, social retards, who have no qualifications, blame immigrants for stealing jobs. Hey mate, those Polish, are taking our toilet cleaning jobs. In Germany, with a highly educated and skilled workforce, people are greatful for immigrants who will do those jobs.
14. In Britian, you can sign on the sick, by filling in a form. Can you answer the telephone? Hmmm, no I think the ring is stressing me out. Here sir is your 80 quid a week. In Germany, full waist down paralysis MIGHT get you a few euro off the state.
15. In Britain, with your gaping mouths open, watching Britian Got Talent, stuck in a pile of debt, not able or dare to drink a bottle of wine, and buying into that low fat "copyright Jamie Oliver" microwave ready meal joke. Too much work, too much travel down the motorway. Fall asleep in the chair. Zee Germans are down the beer gardens, getting pissed, drinking litres of beer,eating half a pig on a plate, and fucking there wifes, each night. Hence why every German women I see here, is pregnant. And prostitution is legal here, for guys that cant get a girlfriend. 50 euro a **** and suck. Not a bad deal, lol. Especially when you can smoke cigarettes after for half the price as the UK.

I give up. All I am saying, is the EU is not to blame for crap UK. The UK is to blame. Voting UKIP IMO, is just trying to shift that blame to immigrants.

http://spacerocktrading.freeforums.org

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:37 pm 

yeah but can they pull a decent pint of guinness??

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 12:30 am 

the british stuff doesn't really hang well with me i guess - there's a big difference between a rarebit and sunday lunch and haggis....

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:50 am 

^
Never eaten haggis!

Re Jamun's 15 items, I agree few are directly within the scope of the EU election, so I won't comment - except to say I agree with much of what's said. But many of the UK's problems are caused by a bunch of drawing-room Marxists (the so-called 'Islington set') driving forward the "internationalising" of parts of the UK and controlling the political agenda. I get the impression people move freely around Europe (a good thing) whereas Britain's an arrival terminus.

(I do wonder, though... if the UK's such a dump, why do so many people swarm here?)

Only 18 months ago, the BBC would hardly even mention the i-word (immigration) and this wasn't through fear - they actually didn't even want to. And today I hear that indications are that UKIP is faring worse in London than elsewhere. Wow, what a surprise: the multi-culti zone wants to keep the doors open!

That's perhaps reason enough on its own to close them.

Interesting comment from someone on the Guardian website: We no longer have a north-south divide in politics, it's becoming a London vs Everywhere Else divide.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:31 pm 

Graham, Never tried Haggis.
I can promise you it tastes a lot better than it sounds and looks, plus there's a vegetarian one that is pretty good too if the offal puts you off.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:40 pm 

'Earth City' as a great philosopher once put on vinyl! - they reckon sinn fein over here polling well - maybe its a protest vote - who knows?

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:24 pm 

hopefully the vegetarian version doesn't contain the dreaded quorn! - my eldest two are now vegetarians and they started on that stuff - just eat the meat! - they now know how to get proteins in etc - would give the haggis a go - got an ox tail for next week! - cheap cuts!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:06 pm 

I've been on holiday and since then too busy to post, but I'd like to make some additional comments, as well as reply to Jamun's post.

jamun wrote:Holding on to your cultural identity is not a bad thing. It doesnt mean you hate the country you are living in.

I think this is very important, and I agree entirely. One of the many things that concerns me about the EU in its more recent form is the desire to eliminate cultural differences. As someone who's spent years supporting Tibetan identity in the face of Chinese attempts at cultural genocide, I find it shocking that the EU seems to want the same kind of thing here.

I think Jamun's point is a very important one, that cultural identity involves the continuation of the culture of the person entering a different country. We've certainly been enriched by people bringing their culture to Britain, and this point can get lost in the `integration' debate. Clearly integration is desirable, but loss of what someone brings with them is simply that - loss.

So many of the debates on immigration are conduced on a simplistic and badly thought out level that it's inevitable there's confusion.

This is very true of the level of `debate' in social media just before the elections. There were a few `little Englanders' present, but for the most part it seemed to me the worst offenders for over-simplifying and confusing the debate were the pro-EU people. Many of them seemed content with hurling the abusive words `racist' and `Nazi' at anyone supporting UKIP, regardless of evidence and regardless of attempts at rational dialogue. In the end, of course, the supposedly racist, misogynist and homophobic party gained MEPs, including non-whites, several women, and a gay man. But it's not yet clear how much the tide may have changed.

Just before I went on holiday there were people trying to compare Nigel Farage's comments with Hitler's statements on the Jews. I've studied Hitler's comments on the Jews, and I took the trouble to read what Nigel Farage had actually said and there was no connection at all. Essentially Farage wanted the kind of border controls other countries have. I'm still waiting to see how his attackers would justify the logical conclusion that the border controls of Australia, New Zealand, the US and so on resemble Hitler's so-called Final Solution. As I said at the time, such cheap jibes do an injustice to the memory of the many people who suffered and died due to Nazi genocide. I find the use of their suffering to make cheap fodder for silly political comments against UKIP reprehensible.

jamun wrote:The freedom of movement for people across the EU is important.

If free movement worked for mutual benefit it would be an excellent thing. In Jamun's case he gets work and Germany gets a skilled worker. But in much of Europe that's not the case, and certainly in Britain the effect has been quite different and, in my experience, appalling.

Having your workplace suddenly flooded with criminals who presumably wouldn't have easily found work in their own country is a very unpleasant experience. This happened to me, along with the other people I'd worked with up until then, and we weren't unique. In general we had people who treated us with contempt and laughed in our faces as they destroyed our company. There were a few we found acceptable, but in time most of those proved not to be.

Put this against the pathetic arguments of pro-EU people who say things like "I chatted with a Pole at the bus stop once, and he seemed like a nice chap." (I'm not exaggerating - I've seen that presented as an `argument.')

So basically we have a free movement system that's out of control and desperately needs to be sorted.

In addition we have immigration controls against people from outside the EU which have got progressively tightened as the government has made sop concessions to the public's concerns. In other words people have become more and more concerned about immigration from within the EU, and the government has responded by restricting people from outside the EU - a policy which is obviously ineffective as well as racist. What UKIP asks for is the ability to reject criminals and other undesirables and focus on the most beneficial people - regardless of race or place of origin. Whatever small benefits there may be for a few Europeans with free movement, on the world it's surely more effective and more just to have proper controls?

Jamun made a number of points suggesting problems in Britain are of Britain's own making and are not EU ones. I think there are a lot of different issues here, and I certainly wouldn't agree with some of them (for example the NHS), but I do take the point that Britain has some ridiculous restrictions and idiot policies.

To sum up:

jamun wrote:All I am saying, is the EU is not to blame for crap UK. The UK is to blame. Voting UKIP IMO, is just trying to shift that blame to immigrants.

I think this is an oversimplification, despite some good points having been made. In many respects the EU is to blame, just as it's to blame in Greece, Spain and a growing number of other countries, while the former Eastern Bloc runs riot everywhere and causes genuine destabilisation and hardship. In some respects British governments are definitely to blame as well, and this is true of every government we've had since Thatcher gave the blueprint for how to rip off an entire country. So voting UKIP isn't `just trying to shift that blame to immigrants.' Many of our problems do stem from uncontrolled immigration and the EU, but that doesn't mean things would be magically better with UKIP in power. Like all parties they need the right people in them, making beneficial policy.

Owen Paterson: "I didn't move the goalposts. The badgers moved the goalposts." But the badgers never thought it was a fair game in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:59 pm 

oh for The Grand Unified Theory.......do we even own our own bodies.....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:17 pm 

i wear a leather bikers jacket which has the words " england for the english" written on it. i wear it everywhere i go and i make no apologies for wearing it. i also wear a t-shirt which has the george cross and the words "end racism towards the english" on it. but i will not be called a racist, i am just patriotic and frightened for my country and especially for the future of my six year old daughter because god knows what kind of society she will be an adult in. probably an islamist state with sharia law. if it were up to me i wouldnt let anyone into england including the scots, irish and welsh. as a biker i have to remove my helmet in shops, banks, peotrol stations to get served. not so to any asian person wearing the veil. racist to me! i have been ordered out of the local polish shop because" we dont serve your kind" racist to me! i am not allowed to wear the george cross at my daughters school"because it may upset the half dozen or so non-english people there. racist to me! i have been ordered by the council and police to remove the st george cross from my house as it may cause offence. racist to me! i could go on and on. save my england!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 pm 

fair enough - where'd you get the petrol? - survival of the fittest

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Test category 1 » Any Other Business