Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Best Live album
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:15 am 

Well, you know how many people have their favorite era of Hawkwind, era which is 'real', best, Hawkwind. Some will say the 'real' Hawkwind is first album, some will say with Robert Calvert etc.... For me the best Hawkwind, the 'real' Hawkwind are albums "Levitation" and "The Chronicle of the black sword" (even my best band is Motorhead and I see Motorhead as rnr and not metal band, same as Lemmy, and I like of course Lemmy era, and Pink Fairies Larry Wallis, The Deviants, Twink.. but still...). So logical, the best Live Album is 'Live Chronicles'. After that 'Space Ritual'. What is your favorite album/era and why?
(P.S. I dont listen metal bands. Never did. Just want to be clear on that. Because Motohead, Lemmy, is in the war with media/music industry propaganda all his life, thats why Im saying this. Great interview few months ago was Lemmy: 'I dont like heavy metal'. But this is some other story, what is rnr and what is not and how much music industry have fingers in this public opinion what is what, because all people heard for that from music industry media when they were young, from magazines, tv, radio..) But lets return on this, what is your favorite era and favorite Hawkwind live album and why?

Post subject: Re: Best Live album
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:53 pm 

I love it...

Great to see levitation get the highest pillar this time.....Only Hawkwind could have so much variation.
Same with Black Sword.
You're also not alone with Live Chronicles.....that was the favorite album, period,. with at least a couple guys on the BOC/Hawkwind email-based list.

For me it is Space Ritual, I guess because of the audio generators (and the sax on that one) and also it is the (main) one I took acid to see how i liked it that way... :)

If forced to choose an era, for me it would be the United Artists years, but I am such a long term fan now, i see them all as part of one huge "delicious pile" and prefer to see it (ALL) as "one lump"
I don;t really even need to LISTEN to Hawkwind now, I can just scatter the records around my living space and get high just looking and being surrounded by such coolness (hehehe)

about Motorhead- every time lemmy says that I think to myself: "this seems like a little fun Lemmy makes for himself" "Because he can"
Because some of that Motorhead is so blistering in a metal kind of way I have thought "Guys am i supposed to be scared??" hehehehe

what I mean is, seems more like a protest on the "label-catagory-term", than really against shrapnel guitars,,,

and yeah, a VERY favorite of mine too.....I see them as "still kind of joined to Hawkwind but with their own power supply"

Last edited by mike coleman on Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:23 pm 

THE SPACE RITUAL "ALIVE" IN LIVERPOOL AND LONDON

Last edited by mike coleman on Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:35 pm 

About Motorhead; O yes, they have some metal songs but they have blues songs too but nobody call them a Blues Band. Well, they came out from Hawkwind and Fairies, on first two albums Hawkwind and Fairies stuff, Larry Wallis solo stuff, covers etc...(what that got to do with metal?) Later they come out with own songs, sound etc.. Well the problem is what is metal, what music industry say? Lemmy, like myself, sees rnr as genre with periods of evolution; rnr, rock (short from rnr), hard rock (stronger way of rnr before), psych rock, prog rock = thats rnr genre. Metal is something else, like punk is something else. You can see rnr from lyrics too, Lemmy will sing seeing world through Lennon glases (if you know what I mean) like lyrics in "Imagine" song (about nations and religion as invented cults and not something what mother nature invented), you know against human stupidity, wars, songs about *** etc.. he will never sing like Iron Maiden "666 the number of the beast" stuff music for teenagers, yoou know what I mean?

Motorhead he sees, like me, like another level of rnr. First you got 50s, than it was evolution in genre like Beatles and Stones, than Motorhead pushed rnr on even higher level. But there is a problem, problem is in music industry propaganda and than we got Lemmy saying one thing they another. You see, music industry they must have 'gods' in music like Beatles, Stones, Hendrix etc.... so they can take a lot of money. They cant take a lot of money from unknown bands, so they must make some bands huge as 'god', if they didnt have them from this bands, well, they will make other bands big as 'god', they dont care about quality only what they can sell to big masses of people, so all this bands behind them have some bussines music industry propaganda and I know fans dont want to hear it, they want to believe those bands are gods. Same stuff they used on metal propaganda, example: If I walking with long hair, leather jacket and Motorhead shirt, many people will say 'oh look metal fan'... Why? Leather jacket had James Dean in 50s so metal fans did not invented this, long hair had hippies so metal fans did not invented this, and Motorhead is rnr.

But if people have this wrong thinkin, who put that inside their heads? Aswer: Music Industry. Motorhead had some dragons snaggletooth pictures on covers they didnt do that it was Joe Petagno, but all this dragons, mashrumes acid stuff metal took from psych and prog rock, only they put on that themes from horror movies. All this covers are maded because they can sell, it is basics of marketing, what will make buyer to buy this and not some other band/album, covers are not only used as art work, they have other perposes too. However, Than Motorhead came in 1975 and they invented rnr on higher level like Beatles, Stones, Hendrix did comparing them to 50s, but music industry want allowed them to become bigger than Stones, Hendrix, Beatles, they see those bands as top of rnr and they spend a lots of their money for propaganda so this stuff can become like that, because those bands wouldnt be 'gods' anymore if music industry accept Motorhead as the highest level, the most progresed level of rnr. So Motorhead must me 'something else', about noise what they have they are similar to metal or punk, so they will pushed them in those genres.

So Lemmy said many times, "we are rnr (rnr in those terms what I wrote above) only 100 miles on hour from the old one..., He said: I tell to people we are not metal but they dont listen, than he said: I dont like heavy metal (for spiegel)..." If you play slower riffs of their songs you will see its rnr, same riffs only faster. So some metal songs what they have, all metal songs what they have are around 15% from all songs what they have, so they are not metal. They had those songs because of bussines reasons. Music industry will say what is rnr, how much rnr must be fast or noisy etc.... They have some metal songs because they couldnt survive otherwise, they make for metal fans to buy their records, thats bussiness choise to play not beacuse they like it to play. They have so many songs hard rock, boogie woogie, blues sound of the songs (metal bands dont play like that) but they cant play that all the time because music industry who controls media, magazines, tv, radio, dont want to show to public Motorhead as rnr because THEY are not in frame of music industry rules what rnr is. So, if they want to survive they will have to do some metal stuff to not lose metal audience. Music industry forbids Motorhead to be called rnr. So, Lemmy said, he doesnt know to do nothing else except playing rnr, and if he wants to live from that, he must make some compromises with music industry or if he insist they are rnr music industry will ignore Motorhead.

So, later when Motorhead grew Lemmy started to talk more aggresive they are rnr and not metal, now before every concert!!!
What is annoying that people doesnt listen what Lemmy say, (they dont know Motorhead all albums, songs, what was before Motorhead, Hawkwind Fairies connections etc...) and they are some fans?, they believe to music industry propaganda, labels, menagers.. tv and radio instead. Who put inside people heads what is metal? Music industry. Because before, you had only magazines, tv, radio (no internet) and they control media, and they said to people what is rnr and what is metal, and people swallow this propaganda. Today you have situation that Lemmy talks one thing and Media other thing. Why? Lemmy is fighting them only because of fun all this years?, people should believe to Lemmy BUT it is problem in people too. People have wrong picture inside their heads what is Motorhead or what is rnr, and they grew up and lived all their lifes in this wrong belief and know when you said the thruth they dont want to hear it, because they will have a feeling they lived in lie all their lifes, thats why so called fans of Motorhead dont listen Lemmy who invented Motorhead music, they listen music industry propaganda, music industry menagers and labels which never had guitar in their hands but they will say what is Motorhead and what is rnr. Ironic isnt it? I have 42 albums from Motorhead (studio and live) all bands before them, all my life exploring this fenomena and trust me people doesnt know what is rnr and what is metal, of course they will not than know what is Motorhead right? Tragedy.. You listen band and you dont what they are playing? Horror :).

So conclusion: Motorhead is victim of music industry propaganda, and if you like, rnr is victim of music industry propaganda too from 70s until this day. Imagine please this: You have you band and THEY will tell what is your band all about. You have your band to move limits of some genre higher, NO, THEY will say when or if you can do that. Can you imagine what Motorhead was going throu? THEY (music industry) think they are more important from any musician. THEY are liars, who talks about genres, bands, how they want because of their bussiness, selling reasons, the biggest horror of them all is PEOPLE trust them, and they dont trust Lemmy, and they dont think why Lemmy is saying those things so many years. Why Jimmy Page said that he hates when someone call them metal, because they are not. Angus Young too. But Music industry in every paper, tv, radio, 40 years are repeating the same thing: metal, metal, metal, metal, you know like Goebels stuff "repeate lie 10 times and lie becomes thruth..". Zeppelin, Motorhead, ACDC are some of the famous bands which have this problem with this metal crap, and few others... Metal is Metallica, Maiden, Megadeath, Slayer and those stuff. Than metal started like scene realy in 1980, dont know who played in garages in late 70s or what, but like scene to become popular they started in 1980. In 70s I dont who knew this term metal? Two bands Sabbath and Priest are metal, ok, but can we two bands call The Scene Of Metal? I dont know but I think there should be more than two bands so you call this a Scene. Than metal propaganda say about their influences (Motorhad of course one of those), Lemmy said: "Influence means nothing some times, our influence is Little Richard too but you dont hear I sound the same as him right? Metal bands have their influences but that doesnt mean that those influence bands play same music as metal bands...."...So some metal fans say that all this influence is metal too, they say stupid stuff like: ' if were not Motorhead than it wouldnt be Megadeath, Metallica....' They dont say like Lemmy: Little Richard is influence but we pushed rnr in the sky far more'. NO, metal fans say this in the way that all this before metal is actualy metal too!!! Can you imagine that? Some of them said that even in Mozart you can hear metal??? So to them, there is only metal, there is no rnr, there is no blues, Jazz, classic music etc... It is maybe not massive but I met even those kind of metal fans. So when fans asking Lemmy what is Motorhead Lemmy said:"Im telling them we are not metal, we are rnr, only more progresed and agressive than older one..." and he said "Im telling them like this, (he wave with his hand) and get over it :)..." - this was from one interview too.
Sorry on this long post but I have many stuff to say on Motorhead because I investigate stuff about them all my life, so there is a lot to talk about.
Funny thing is when Lemmy said on bonus dvd disc (I think it was from The World Is Yours album): I woudnt give three quarters of the people (I met in my life) to clean my shoes.." Thats what he thinks about people, people are sheeps, they listen propaganda (any propaganda), dont think... etc...
In mother nature terms; quality is rare. Most of the people are average or below that. If not, than every other would be Tesla, Einstein etc... Thats why in many things of this world, we have this 'small' problem what is Motorhead, what is rnr and all that.....
Cheers! And sorry on mega long post!

Here you can read some interesting stuff more or less said here on Alan Burridge site:

http://www.alanburridge.co.uk/index_frames.htm

Go to his 'massage board' and topic 'new lemmy interview'.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:59 pm 

THE SPACE RITUAL "ALIVE" IN LIVERPOOL AND LONDON

Last edited by mike coleman on Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:01 pm 

Well Eddie Clarke had something with them and drummer of Fastway. Maybe finding some lyrics of the song can resolve something. Or Eddie maybe is on it or co-wrote it or something so it fun name for song?? Maybe some of the guys from motorhead.proboards.com knows something? Atomgods I didn't listen. I listened Eddie Clarke stuff Fastway and some other stuff but I dont like it, classic metal stuff, not my coup of tea. I didnt listen from Wurzel ambient album, maybe thats more interesting? :). Only solo stuff from Motorhead former band members what I like is Larry Wallis and Lemmy (The Head Cat) and pre-motorhead bands of course who had big or very small connection: Rockin Vickers, Sam Gopal, Hawkwind, Pink Fairies, Twink, The Deviants.

This stuff EP from Wurzel 'Bess' or Eddie Clarke solo stuff etc... no. Only stuff what I like from Eddie Clarke is 'his' band before Motorhead, Curtis Knight Zeus. Thats great band. Curtis McNear or Curtis Knight discovered (like he said) Hendrix before Hendrix became famous right, and he teached Hendrix to sing, thats how he saying in his book how I heard. So he had another band Zeus and instead of Hendrix in it was Eddie Clarke. Thats not metal like Fastway, this is much better music. You have that on amazon or discogs...

I will say about great motorhead lyrics in other post (need to wait few minutes)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:18 pm 

Yes there are so many great lyrics, but most of the people dont listen their lyrics, dont care or dont understand? Who knows... Here is few:

"No Voices In The Sky"

Nobody gives a damn about anybody else,
Think everyone should feel
The way they feel themselves,
Rich men think that happiness
Is a million dollar bills,
So how come most of them O.D.
On sleeping pills,
Eye for eye, tooth for tooth,
You all know what I mean,
What's the use of a cry for help,
If no one hears the scream,
No one hears the scream,
No voices in the sky,
Confusion blinds the eye,
Can't take it with you when you die,
No voices in the sky
The ones dedicate the flags
To make you brave,
They also consecrate
The headstone on your grave,
Ritual remembrance
When no one knows your name,
Don't help a single widow
Learn to fight the pain,
Politicians kissing babies
For a good luck,
T.V.Preachers sell salvation
For a buck,
You don't need no golden cross,
To tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers
Were those who saw the light.

"On Your Feet Or On Your Knees"

I was looking at the t.v. news
People everywhere blowing a fuse
People everywhere under the gun
Little kids dying never had no fun

Human beings ain't got no brains
Think you're better but you're all the same
Think you're clever but you're all to blame
Here we are again in the same old frame

Shut up, I'm talkin'to you
It's on television so it can't be true
And I can't play the game no more
Wake up and see it through
Kill the many to save the few
I know what the blind man sees
On your feet or on your knees

Headline terror crime on rise
Half ain't true and the rest is lies
Same old smile on the same old face
Same old horse with the same old race

I wouldn't smile if I was you
Don't relax, 'cos it ain't so new
Watch your back, light the light outside
Somebody coming that you just can't bribe

Shut up, I'm talkin'to you
It's on television so it can't be true
But I can't believe their lies no more
Watch out, I'm coming through
Boogey man gonna bite you too

I was reading some magazine
It was written for human beings
Can't believe the stuff I read
Human trash for the human head

You humans don't be so proud
You humans don't talk too loud
You humans just ain't too smart
It's enough to break my human heart

Listen up, I'm talkin' to you
Pay attention 'cos I mean you too
And I will tell you something new

Your values ain't worth a dime
Human rights just human crime

Dont need religion

Don't need no blind belief
Don't need no comic relief
Don't need to see the scars
I don't need Jesus Christ Superstar
No more Sunday television
Bet your life I don't need religion

I gotta tell you something else
I don't need no time for prayer
Don't save no knee-pads for me up there
If your head's alright
You don't need binoculars to see the light
You don't need no miracle vision
Bet your life you don't need religion
And I don't need you baby

I don't need no Santa Claus
And I don't believe in fairies no more
Don't need to go to confession
I'm already trying to fight depression
I don't need no exorcism
Bet your life I don't need religion, not me

Rock n Roll

Well, here, babe, look at you in love with someone else
Turned out like all the others leave me by myself
That's how it works I guess and you're like all the rest
Guess I can handle it if that's the way it is

I'm in love with rock 'n' roll, it satisfies my soul
If that's how it ought to be, I won't get mad
Yeah, I got rock 'n' roll to save me from the gold
And if that's all there is, it ain't so bad, rock 'n' roll

I never been the one to have no steady girl
I love the way I live of runnin' 'round the world
I like to fool around, I love to tear 'em down
And when I leave, you love to miss me when I'm gone

I'm in love with rock 'n' roll, it satisfies my soul
If that's how it ought to be, I won't get mad
Yeah, I got rock 'n' roll to save me from the gold
And if that's all there is, it ain't so bad, rock 'n' roll

I can't imagine growin' old like everyone
Marching to a different drum, I hear a different song
I swear I love 'em all, I don't care if they're small
I don't care if they're tall, I love 'em anyway

I got rock 'n' roll, it satisfies my soul
If that's how it has to be, I won't get mad
I got rock 'n' roll to save me from the gold
And if that's all there is, it ain't so bad

Yeah, I got rock 'n' roll, it satisfies my soul
And if that's how it is, it ain't so bad

Yeah, I got rock 'n' roll, it satisfies my soul
And if that's how it ought to be, I won't get mad

Rock 'n' roll
(I've got rock 'n' roll)
Rock 'n' roll
(I've got rock 'n' roll)

Rock 'n' roll
(I've got rock 'n' roll)
Rock 'n' roll
(I've got rock 'n' roll)

Rock 'n' roll
(I've got rock 'n' roll)
Rock 'n' roll
(I've got rock 'n' roll)

Rock 'n' roll
(I've got rock 'n' roll)
Rock 'n' roll
(I've got rock 'n' roll)

There are so many good lyrics. Specialy from "1916" album til this day, on every album so many great stuff about rnr, stupid people, politicians, religion, history of manipulation people to go in war etc.....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:31 pm 

hey thenks for the bit about the Zeus LP.
I had forgotten about that and if it is on CD will have to have a listen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:34 pm 

Shore. Curtis Knight Zeus "The Second Coming" album you have on cd too + bonus one song b -side from single. They had second LP in Europe but except three songs all other songs on that LP are from "The Second Coming" album, and on those three songs is not Eddie Clarke. Eddie what he played in this band was, at least for me, the best from him. Can you imagine even better from what he musicaly had in Motorhead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noSxN9-Si0Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le8UFl6bpIs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB4yxoxWQ7A

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:52 pm 

When we talk about all those group musicians... Here is from Sam Gopal, his second and rare album "Father Mucker" Andy Clarke from band Clark Hutchinson was guest, he was first line up in Sam Gopal Dream before Lemmy with Mick Hutchinson of course...(P.S. I have one for sale, and I just saw somone selling "Pleasure Island" on discogs and one on ebay so.... trade maybe etc...:D) Think about it. Problem is; two guys are selling "Pleasure island" on ebay, one is expensive (50$), the other is 30$ but dont know for shipping. Than this 'lady' on discogs selling for 15 eur + shipping which is fine but she does not send here in Croatia, even we are in EU. So.... Above my head is ?????????????????????????
Or if you dont want Sam Gopal I have:
1. Twink "Mr. Rainbow" LP
2. Twink 7" Psychedelic Punkeroo / Seize The Time (generic sleeve, it was released like that)
3. The Deviants 7" Fury Of The Mob / Better Day Is Coming (500 limited, red vinil)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUBdSWoDRQA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:27 pm 

in reply to above
it took me a minute to realise you were taking to me.
I TOTALLY apologize for the frustration but I had never intended to be rid of my copies and when I saw how rare Pleasure Island had become it just made me happier about mine.

I have never been very good at "getting rid" of things i got, as I tend to like almost every darn thing I have gathered (though there HAS been VERY FEW that failed)

Especially when I have only 1 copy.

I do have, and like, "Mr Ranibow" on CD, by the way.

This should probably go back to Hawkwind in this thread
I feel bad as I want you to have what you want

ps- I was going to offer to "redirect" the "affordable" copy from the lady, but it sounds like she is not here in USA if the price is in euros....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:56 pm 

mike coleman wrote:in reply to above
it took me a minute to realise you were taking to me.
I TOTALLY apologize for the frustration but I had never intended to be rid of my copies and when I saw how rare Pleasure Island had become it just made me happier about mine.

I have never been very good at "getting rid" of things i got, as I tend to like almost every darn thing I have gathered (though there HAS been VERY FEW that failed)

Especially when I have only 1 copy.

I do have, and like, "Mr Ranibow" on CD, by the way.

This should probably go back to Hawkwind in this thread
I feel bad as I want you to have what you want

ps- I was going to offer to "redirect" the "affordable" copy from the lady, but it sounds like she is not here in USA if the price is in euros....

(Blackadder's massage):
No no, I was not talking about your copy. I was refering that you buy cd from this lady on discogs and send it to me and in the same time I send Sam Gopal or whatever to you. Thats what I meant.
This lady is from USA. Here is link, it say 'ships from USA':

http://www.discogs.com/sell/release/3939696?ev=rb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:25 am 

see forthcoming PM

Last edited by mike coleman on Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:42 am 

as above

Last edited by mike coleman on Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:46 am 

Thank you very much Mike! A huge THANK YOU! :)
Now i will send you private massage, my address in it, and you wrote yours in that massage so I can send you cd. Or if you want something else, or few stuff you know that all this is in range of what you spend on 'Pleasure Island' no problem. If not, Sam Gopal it is. Here is my list what I have for sell:
http://www.discogs.com/seller/rnrmo/profile

And because you did this, with Sam Gopal I will send you single Twink "psychedelic punkeroo / seize the time" for free. Thats my Thank You.

Yes, you did right thing, two small lines if everything plays fine is not a big deal.

Board index » Test category 1 » Albums + DVD\'s Videos etc