Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: All Hawkwind Fans - Please Read
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:32 pm 

Quite a difficult thing to write this so please bear with me -

Over the last 24 hours i have had to remove a couple of threads from the forum, this is something i dont like to do as ultimately i like to promote free speech but sometimes it comes to a point where action has to be taken.

Without being to cryptic i am referring to the release of a new album and a north american tour being undertaken by a former member of Hawkwind.

Without feeling the need to go into too greater detail most of you will be aware of various unsavoury incidents that have happened over the years and it's to that end that i feel i am justified in removing the threads in question.

Both Hawkwind and myself try our best to keep a dignified silence on matters concerning this individual where possible, we like to concentrate on what is happening with the band in the here and now and not concern ourselves with what he and others are doing. As long as it has no detrimental effect on the band what former members do is up to them.

However after much soul searching i do think we are fully justified in removing these threads even though i am sure some of you will dis-agree, something you are perfectly entitled to do.

So in conclusion i am asking in the nicest way that no further threads are started in relation to this topic, i fully understand that the individuals who made these posts will have almost certainly done them in innocence and for that reason no further action will be forthcoming.

That said any further threads that are started will not only be removed at the earliest oppurtunity but the person who authored it will be liable to lose their membership to the forum either permanently or for a set period, this will be at the descretion of the forum administrators.

As well as this section i also intend placing it in most other appropriate areas of the forum for maximum visability.

Thanks for taking the time to read and also for your understanding i what i realise is a sensitive issue for some of you but at the same time also try and see it from our side of things.

Regards

Dave

Post subject: Re: All Hawkwind Fans - Please Read
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:05 am 

I've been disenchanted with the antics of some ex-members of Hawkwind.
I will never purchase any of these fake proprietors material until it's all over.
Dave Brock is the captain of Hawkwind.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:50 pm 

It is really sad and taints the memory of something special.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:48 pm 

thanks davemod - without getting into details - i believe you do an excellent job - best wishes to you and the gang

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:15 am 

no idea what this is about?? shame some folks have to cause trouble for jealous reasons or any reason really when they leave a band or get asked to leave. always have my utmost respect and support whatever as the guys are more than a band to me.....dont mean that to sound god like or hero worship....i mean i can relate to em lyric wise and all they stand for plus they are approachable and genuinely good people and boy have they earnt it.......especially dave,tim n richard eh. and ive seen dave stuck in the thick of it with the rest of us on way to henge in 86 when we got ambushed on a duel carriageway..........dunno if you got away dave?i didnt.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:15 pm 

Location: Lost beyond the Black Hole's apparent horizon - Yorkshire
Good call Davemod.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:58 am 

Sad, but alas inevitable.

SF blog: http://stephenpalmersf.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:33 am 

bit difficult to just imagine that ex members simply don't exist but in principle I agree with moderator the antics of some ex members are shoddy in so many ways

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:54 pm 

voilodian ghagnasdiak wrote:I've been disenchanted with the antics of some ex-members of Hawkwind.
I will never purchase any of these fake proprietors material until it's all over.
Dave Brock is the captain of Hawkwind.

You're missing out on some good music then. It's not your problem so just enjoy music as music is

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:37 pm 

Drakrats wrote:You're missing out on some good music then. It's not your problem so just enjoy music as music is

I used to think that. I've now got albums I've paid for which I never listen to because what was `not my problem' has gone on and got continually worse until it could no longer be ignored, and no pleasure could be found that way.

I even made an album a few years ago by sampling and replaying Nik Turner's flute recording in the Great Pyramid, keeping aspects of what he played but creating new music through that. I like the results, and although what I learned was useful I also learned never to do that unless I'm really sure of the person whose music I'm interacting with. I now find my own work spoiled by what's been going on.

Owen Paterson: "I didn't move the goalposts. The badgers moved the goalposts." But the badgers never thought it was a fair game in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:09 am 

Drakrats: "You're missing out on some good music then. "

I've been an ICU fan for over 25 years.
Drove for over 7 hours to see N.T. in Cleveland a few years back.
I just can't partake in the hypocrisy of providing financial aid to anyone that
would be willing to take away the Hawkwind name as we know it.
If the money I spend on any cd will go towards funding lawyers that will be
involved in court battles trying to take away the rights to the Mothership...
I can do without it, and I'll take the grave risk of missing out on whatever amazing
music that could be involved.
It'd be nice if it was all over and we could go back to being all around Hawkwind fans.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:41 am 

conflict is the nature of this particular space rock beast

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:06 am 

I don't have anything against Lemmy why are we all getting worked up that there's a new Motorhead CD coming out... sheesh!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:17 pm 

lordofthehornets wrote:I don't have anything against Lemmy why are we all getting worked up that there's a new Motorhead CD coming out... sheesh!

I'm not sure if that's an ironic comment and I've missed the point, but the point of this topic is Nik Turner and his continual war against Hawkwind.

If you had missed the point of the mod's discreet comment, I think that only goes to show how important it is to call a spade a spade - or whatever.

Despite attempts to live and let live, and to enjoy the music without personal animosity getting in the way, Nik Turner has, unfortunately, continued his vendetta against the band. I think it's to Hawkwind's credit that it's taken until now for a stand to be taken on the forum. After a second round of legal hassles and quite a few years of stirring from Nik Turner, it seems to have become clear that attempts at playing things down and trying to get on just don't work when someone is determined to cause problems. I think all of us, as fans, have a heavy heart over this.

Regarding Lemmy, I don't think anyone here has anything against him. The band certainly doesn't, going by their very recent good wishes to him. If only Nik Turner had done what Lemmy did, and made a name for himself independently instead of continually harking back to Hawkwind and trying to wrest the name from the band, things would have been so much better for everybody, himself included. And he could have done that.

Owen Paterson: "I didn't move the goalposts. The badgers moved the goalposts." But the badgers never thought it was a fair game in the first place.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:08 pm 

hello dears
i am areea. i am new to this thread.i have seen many fans of hawkwind but cannot justify that what about this forum is .is this about some kind of music or some media

Board index » Test category 1 » Hawkwind Chat