Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Re: All Hawkwind Fans - Please Read
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:20 pm 

hey areena welcome :) I'm not new but don't post here too often these days. this forum
has been the coolest of cool and i hope it stays that way. sorry you jumped on board at the height
of what seems to be an isolated kind of thing here. all the members i've known and chated with for
the last few years are hawkwind fans and a good crowd. we all have opinions and share them in an
open and tolerant way. i don't have a scent of a clue what the latest skuffle is about and i don't
really want to know. i've tried to keep clear of this sort of thing, i listen to legitimate and official
hawkwind releases and it so happens i dont follow ex-members careers (with the exception of Huw)
but thats just my personal taste. guess if you read enough about hawkwind you'll eventually get
the picture about some of this poppycock and balderdash ~ did I spell those right?:) ~ fortunately
there are so many other interesting things to talk about hawkwind-related and what not, that we
won't miss the tiresome nonsense of all this acting up. it doesnt take a special pair of eye glasses
to see the colours !

{edit} I am behind the band and this forum and I will support Dave & the Mothership no matter
what. sad to think there is anyone in this world that would be against us in any way~sad for them,really:(

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:55 pm 

hello all

Regretably i have had to de-activate a members account as this person has tried on numerous occasions today to post direct details of the album in question. This blatently flaunts what was clearly set out at the start of this thread.

It's not something we enjoy doing and i know most of the comments here have been positive, if the person in question would like to discuss this further or if they require clarification on any of the points then i invite them to contact me direct at davelaw@blueyonder.co.uk.

Regards

Dave

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:23 pm 

lordofthehornets wrote:I don't have anything against Lemmy why are we all getting worked up that there's a new Motorhead CD coming out... sheesh!

:D

On a serious note, it's all very depressing. Some ex-hawks are making very fine music, but I'm a Brock supporter through and through, so it's hard to ignore these behind-the-scenes (and sometimes not-so-behind-the-scenes) feuds which take all the fun out of the others' music. ONWARD CAPTAIN BROCK & THE ONE AND ONLY SPACESHIP HAWKWIND!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:37 pm 

mine is experimentation,has anyone put a harmonica Koch Bb} through a wah wah (E.V.) then blew a few riffs through the( Fender) Twin Reverb,backing off> as you key the notes of the wah.it does some strang feedback effects,in them days i played it to "Got to give it to me" from Bloodshot /J geils band>>? Be neat to try it with a Hawkwind Oldie..RDD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:39 pm 

The really irritating thing for me personally was when the REAL Hawkwind had to cancel their US tour but that other bloke using the name toured as "Hawkwind".

I would, however, like to alert all fans of real psychedelic music to the fact that at this years' Austin Psych Fes there will be a valid reunion of The 13th Floor Elevators. Now there is an alignment of the stras I never saw coming....

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:03 am 

WIN_20170520_03_00_34_Pro (2).jpg
WIN_20170520_03_00_34_Pro (2).jpg [ 82.94 KiB | Viewed 303 times ]

Board index » Test category 1 » Hawkwind Chat