Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: A Memorial to Huw
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:06 pm 

Hello Folks.

We would like to thank those of you who braved the terrible weather on December 20th to join us in the Celebration of the Life of Huw Lloyd-Langton. It was a wonderful tribute to Huw, that so many people attended to pay their last respects and helped to make it a day that Huw would have approved of..

Marion, Kirsty and family would like to thank everyone who sent messages of tribute and condolence.

Your support was truly appreciated.

Later next year, we are planning to erect a memorial, with a commemorative plaque, in a place where fans and friends can visit to remember Huw.

This will be in the summer and we will make it a day of celebration. Hopefully it will give those of you who could not attend on Thursday, the opportunity to come, share your stories and say farewell.

More details on this soon.

Thank you

Post subject: Re: A Memorial to Huw
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:58 pm 

thanks for the update - i would like to contribute to the plaque as huw meant so much to me - if you feel thats inappropriate i fully understand - love and hugs to the hawks, marion, kirsty and family

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:06 am 

Nice one, I wonder where it'll be located!

Did Huw have any fav pubs in or near Stalbridge, like Jason did in Honiton?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:18 pm 

i don' t know if youz do a 'months mind' over there - the mind being rememberance - usually a mass is said on the first sunday after 4 weeks - i lit a candle for a dear lovely bloke - huw love you - god bless to marion and kirsty - never to be forgotten lol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:04 pm 

Just wondering if there might be any word on Huw's memorial - i'm hoping to see the warrior tour in August and if i make that i would love to pay me respects to Huw who i loved dearly - any info would be very much appreciated - lol to all

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:05 pm 

Bump. I know with all the palava over Turnip things have been somewhat busy but I would really like to see this happen and have my PayPal account at the ready.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:31 am 

dear marion, kirsty, kris and ths capt timmy,niall and fred richard dibs - god rest you Huw - a year almost -lifes not fsir love. - what a bloke - huge hugs and love - upset

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:48 am 

Thank you from all of us. Huw will never be forgotten. As you know, on Friday, we will be playing a concert on the anniversary of his passing. Marion will be attending and we will be paying a special tribute to him at this show. X

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:02 am 

thanks for the update. - it's very much appreciated - when something changes one's life (Hawkwind( it's a lifer - christ i would love to be there- i wish you all the best. - Huw and Marion - love - i'll pay me respects this week in me own way - hope we meet again

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:52 am 

Location: Kent, UK, in an unfashionable spiral arm of the galaxy
How long a time it seems ago, yet it still seems like yesterday. The last time I saw Huw play was at the Brook, and he was on fine form. If I can't make it down on Friday I'll still pause and let a happy memory or two pass over me.

Best to Marion, Kirsty, and all his many friends and fellow fans.

I must be normal........

I must be normal........

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:59 pm 

Indeed, can't make it down, but be there in spirit...never forgotten and thought of regularly and fondly...HLL, one of the best...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:47 pm 

my mind is very much with Marion, Kirsty, and family
tonight - Kris , Dave, Timmy, Mr. Dibs, Richard and of
course the whole Hawk family - lovely lovely bloke - now i'm gonna crack open a can to the great Huw - love to all

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:01 pm 

Location: Lost beyond the Black Hole's apparent horizon - Yorkshire
A great guy gone far too soon. Out of the Shadows was on the laptop at work today, classic Huw guitar. Awesome. Always Remembered.

Board index » Test category 1 » Huw Lloyd Langton