Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Re: A.I. Our Undoing?
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:07 pm 

[quote="vikmarlo That is a beautifully solemn and humble approach to Divinity in thought, followed by an assessment of profoundly sad accuracy. You have a grasp of the poetic which few are in touch with. I shall remember those words always! Cheers brother Mike :-)[/quote]

I hope you know I am always grateful in the extreme for such kind words...
I wanted to share some more-
I also never lose sight of the entire life system as we know it and how brutal it actually is.
Makes me very sad, without being a higher intelligence that can see it from a completely outside point of view.

Further, I keep bumping back into the proposed Annunaki creation concept, which, for me, makes about the most sense of anything yet, and if true.....
They chose biological machines (us), NOT mechanical....

It really bends my mind...

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:45 pm 

mike coleman wrote:
I hope you know I am always grateful in the extreme for such kind words...
I wanted to share some more-
I also never lose sight of the entire life system as we know it and how brutal it actually is.
Makes me very sad, without being a higher intelligence that can see it from a completely outside point of view.

Further, I keep bumping back into the proposed Annunaki creation concept, which, for me, makes about the most sense of anything yet, and if true.....
They chose biological machines (us), NOT mechanical....

It really bends my mind...

inspiration and deeply fascinating.
http://aliens.wikia.com/wiki/Anunnaki
there IS something to it as primal memory has been stirred! I don't know yet where this leads, but it ties with the dark "heavy" instinct.
I had only scratched the surface previously, allowing ordinary daily distractions their false priority. I'd not expected this, I suppose I owe you some thanks for remaining here so long and not ever giving up.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:54 pm 

Location: Lost beyond the Black Hole's apparent horizon - Yorkshire
Ever read Arthur C Clarke's Firstborn or Light of Other Days? Some interesting ideas on our origins (and possible future). Greatest visionary of recent time IMHO

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:58 pm 

Your reply was perfectly timed, i just woke up (again) and was itching for something.

thank you

this seems to be a work in progress, as Sitchin may have had the basic idea right but maybe nobody has it all exactly right

the guy I heard last night was British living in south africa I think, and he was a great listen.

It is so hard for me to imagine: the messiness of biological slave creatures. Having to feed them and train them, etc

also, some think some of them may still be around!!

others think they will return and if so it might be a worst nightmare!

This could be what the Catholic church is incessantly worried about with L.U.C.I.F.E.R. (telescope) !!!

edit: @HAIRYGT4.....your childhood's end story got a plug in that podcast I shared and you know Neil Young's "after the gold rush" is about that, or based upon it.
All the sci fi stuff seems to be giving us little nuggets. it amazes me looking back.
I myself am more interested in these new titles you just shared than trying to do Childhood's end again.
Thank you too, and had i known you were going to reply in this thread I would have waited.
Hope this isn't annoying

It looks to me, that there are/were people, especially British? that had "inside knowledge", somehow, and it turned up in stories

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:13 pm 

HairyGT4 wrote:Ever read Arthur C Clarke's Firstborn or Light of Other Days? Some interesting ideas on our origins (and possible future). Greatest visionary of recent time IMHO

You've named two titles I passed by in the interest of time sake, but I will definitely procure copies at the first opportunity. Cheers :-) good of you to post HairyGT4

@Mike : it may be several days before I am able to post here again,
unfortunately. In the meantime I will be visiting a special library of brick and mortar, in search of a forgotten volume. I pray I find it. Cheers!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:29 pm 

http://aquarius.umaine.edu/activities/can_sw_freeze.pdf

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 10:34 am 

good research mike, cheers re: desalination
yes it freezes at lower temp but counterintuitively, the Gulfstream will be cooler, and North America and Eastern Europe will lose temperate winter seasons enjoyed since the end of the mini-ice age in the mid-eighteenth century. we should prepare for some winters to reach temps approaching -40 C/F.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:15 am 

https://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?ID= ... ry=Science

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:55 am 

Intelligence is not a predisposition to wisdom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:17 am 

http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/night-f ... oplay=true

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:22 am 

mike coleman wrote:http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/night-fright-show/e/33561513?autoplay=true

Richard Phillips talks about a parallax of reality.
Cheers mike for posting
[Edit] : btw, I noticed the discusiion is from 2013 ~ only one computer-cycle, or two years, before the < breakout《>

PUBLIC APOLOGY:
(@ mike)
apologies for my earlier overreaction of enthusiasm,
which may have appeared insincere, I was in fact
quite sincere ~ but a bit overblown. I am quite an
excitable person sometimes and it can come off to
others as mock or ridicule, so please forgive me if
I did, it was certainly not intended.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:12 pm 

The end draws near:

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-39857645

Artificially Intelligent machines will soon be making the decisions as to which suspects should be kept locked up. Next they will be deciding who is a suspect.

I predict within 100 years at the outside, probably much less, there will be only around fifty million humans left alive on Earth.

Just a hunch.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:14 pm 

That many? You're quite the optimist, vik. :D

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:22 pm 

:-D

Post subject: WARNING - This news article may contain some fabrication.
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:02 pm 

Nice Face; Shame about the price:
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-39859939

Board index » Test category 1 » Any Other Business