Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Re: A Hawkwind albums voting chart
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:48 pm 

didn't see your post Mpc - yes I like that version of the album - Moonweed's solo section is really good!

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:42 pm 

SteamAbacus wrote:It begs the question, though - if Dave was so sick of Silver Machine, why did they rework it for Choose Your Masques a couple of years later and even release it as a single?

@

I knew you gonna ask this :D, when I was writing last post. I remember from some interview with Dave, try to remember was it from youtube or not... However, Dave said they actualy didnt want to release Silver Machine again, for RCA, but those guys from label RCA insisted on it. Than Dave sang on new version..

Last edited by black adder on Tue May 02, 2017 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:44 pm 

"This is the last but one" statement printed on the 1979 PXR5
record sleeve scared a lot of people (including me) into thinking that
Hawkwind were abandoning the mothership on some unknown shelf of rock.
I felt empty after reading it back in 1979 wondering what I'd be able to listen
to for the rest of my lifespan.
Thankfully Hawkwind then tried to gain a foothold on the North American market
and it worked out quite well.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 5:00 pm 

indeed VG - you probably have a couple of year's on me - so i wasn't conscience/too young! - as regards to what was going on at at the time in the Hawk camp - but i copped on quick! - simon house had a big decision to make - bowie and all that - plus other stuff which if memory serve's defeat's me - paul hayles - bottom line club when it snowrd? - intriguing for a lifer like me!

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:56 pm 

voilodian ghagnasdiak wrote:"This is the last but one" statement printed on the 1979 PXR5
record sleeve scared a lot of people (including me) into thinking that
Hawkwind were abandoning the mothership on some unknown shelf of rock.
I felt empty after reading it back in 1979 wondering what I'd be able to listen
to for the rest of my lifespan.
Thankfully Hawkwind then tried to gain a foothold on the North American market
and it worked out quite well.

I always thought it referred to the last record they did, bar one, which was Hawklords: 25 Years On, i.e. it was the record before the last one.

Board index » Test category 1 » Hawkwind Chat