Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: 2016-05-20 Thessaloniki (Greece)
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:34 pm 

It seems just about the whole of the Thessaloniki show is on a Youtube video, which is pushing the definition of the word 'clip' to its very limits, I should have thought! Anyway, here it is, and the sound is pretty OK as well.

VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7_VE7iCcH8

Post subject: Re: 2016-05-20 Thessaloniki (Greece)
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 11:05 pm 

Graham, big thanks. This is massive & invigorating & illustrates a cohesive unit still at the top.
A lot of folk on here have already said how the band are really enjoying themselves & it shows.
Not many in the audience tho by the sound of it ?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 2:34 pm 

indeed - thanks for the link Graham - i'll take a look when i get the chance

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:23 pm 

Dear Graham

Imagine: I have never really used Youtube, not for Hawkwind,,,

Nor music

Now, within just a moment of checking this out I was inspired to yank my rear surround amp cords and see if I could get at the front of the stereo.

I can!! I won't have DYNASOUND without buying a couple more cords, but wow, can't complain!!

NOW, I can "go to Hawkwind concerts" this way and I will forever recall this moment

Typically me, it's 9;21 am and if I think something needs to wake people up no doubt I'll "do the twist" :)

the way I see it is the core of affairs here is Mexican and they rise early plus they embrace me here

New black lady below with little girl.....eeek......Trying to think how to work it (the future with her below) because I __CARE__

even if it is fine for me to do anything I want

edit: Sound quality not up to my broadcast standards anyway, so the smaller stereo system I have for the computer is fine for this one.

But if the sound quality ever IS good enough.....woo hoo

It IS pefectly fine for me to enjoy, though

cheers

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:52 pm 

Mike

Since you've been adrift in space for a while, you may not have noticed this thread ...

http://hawkwindforum.freeforums.org/links-to-obscure-hawkwind-and-related-recordings-t6434.html

Check out the original demo for 'Shot Down In The Night' (audio only). An absolute treat! Some other nice nuggets in theat thraed as well.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 5:23 pm 

Thank you sir

Willl get right onit after I tend to the basic bodily needs!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:49 pm 

are there any soundboard recordings for the machine stops tour yet??
if so please guide me in the right direction..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:58 am 

Soundboards?

That's not something you'll find many of, and also (sorry to say) it would be in violation of the Hawkwind bootleg trading rules. Personally, I've heard very few soundboard tapes, and I think the latest is USA Minneapolis 1991... I might be out of date there, though :)

BTW........ I do recommend this Thessaloniki vid... especially the 12-min Shot Down, around the 1hr point. Watching Dave and Haz in action onstage is (shall we say) rather good.

It amuses me that modern recording gear can sometimes do a better job now than a soundboard tape could do back in the 70s or 80s.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:00 pm 

I've now posted a recording of Shot Down in the Night onto Youtube, with subtitles. I thought it would be fun to do that. Anyway, the track is around 11 mins long, so most of it DOESN'T have subtitles!

The camerawork is near-front-of-stage and (surprisingly) the sound quality is pretty good, and that's a combination you seldom get. Believe me, I've been there & [not] done that.

The power on this track is pretty damn superb, basically. And I'm not going to mention it on Facebook ... if people want Hawkwind news and clips, they should come to this forum, eh

Board index » Test category 1 » Tours Past & Present